By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Bethesda Won't Commit To PS3 Fallout 3 Getting Ability To Play Post-Ending!

Bethesda Won’t Commit To PS3 ‘Fallout 3′ Getting Ability To Play Post-Ending

“Fallout 3″ players have criticized their inability to keep exploring the wasteland after finishing the main storyline, and while that feature is coming to Xbox 360 and PC users via downloadable content, Bethesda Softworks told us there are currently no plans to update the PlayStation 3 version with the same feature.

When the credits roll in “Fallout 3,” the game ends. You might have dozens of unfinished side quests, but unless you boot an old save, you can’t access them. Bethesda Softworks is changing that with “Fallout 3″’s downloadable content, which gives players the ability to keep playing.

That’s fantastic news if you’re an Xbox 360 or PC gamer, but what if you’re playing on PlayStation 3? Bethesda’s acknowledged the omission demands correcting, but if the downloadable content is only coming to Xbox 360 and PC…does that mean PS3 users won’t ever receive this fan-demanded feature?

We got in touch with “Fallout 3″ director Todd Howard for an answer. So, is post-ending adventuring something Bethesda is considering for PS3 players?

“Not at this time, no,” said Howard.

That doesn’t sound too hopeful. What do you make of Bethesda’s decision?

________

hmm I havn't completed it yet...what do you guys feel...this is injustice when the PS3 version has sold 1 Million!

http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2009/01/23/no-ending-update-ps3-fallout/

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

That's the way exclusive downloadable content works, and since this DLC was announced a long time ago, why should anybody be surprised?

If Bethesda are going to alienate PS3 owners, PS3 owners should alienate their next game, not buy it and lose them tons of money. But I doubt that would happen. I'm not a fan of this whole exclusive DLC crap, really.

The_God_of_War said:
If Bethesda are going to alienate PS3 owners, PS3 owners should alienate their next game, not buy it and lose them tons of money. But I doubt that would happen. I'm not a fan of this whole exclusive DLC crap, really.

And lose themselves a port of the next next Bethesda game. 

Wasn't this the exclusive DLC for 360/PC. If so why would they put it on the PS3. Good job MS. I am beginning to like these exclusive DLC's.

Around the Network
badgenome said:
The_God_of_War said:

And lose themselves a port of the next next Bethesda game. 

Exactly, that's why I said it would probably never happen.

The_God_of_War said:

I haven't bought Fallout 3 yet, though I was considering it.  This definitely weighs into that decision.

Yeah this was the exclusive DL content that only 360/pc gets. Didnt MS pay for this exclusive because i dont know.

I TAKE NO SIDES

The_God_of_War said:

Not buying it will only make bathesda do a port next time.  Bethesda game usually sell really well.

I TAKE NO SIDES

badgenome said:
That's the way exclusive downloadable content works, and since this DLC was announced a long time ago, why should anybody be surprised?

Are you saying people should not be surprised when bethesda ends their game early.  I guess you would be happy if Gears or whatever never came with the last two levels and said they were only coming to the PS3 as DLC...