By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - (Probably) First Heavenly Sword review - This is next gen!

Louie said:
.... I´m pretty sure Heavenly Sword is a good game. I´m sure it´s content deserves at least 8/10. I just want people to TALK about it. Why do they have to say "Heavenly Swords looks great!", why can´t they say "Heavenly Sword plays great!"? Why can´t Sony say that? I´m sure it does. How do the developers feel when they hear Sony talking about the games graphics? I´m sure they put more than just graphics into it. Every game contains a little bit of the developers heart-blood. I´m sure they want people to talk about the game, not about it´s graphics....

Ive only played the demo on my friends PS3. I think it plays really great especially when you figure out the 3 stances and their differences. I thought it was going to be a button masher but thanksfully its not at all. It would be a bit disappointing if the game was short. Gears felt a bit short, but I played it on 'hardcore' which stretched it out quite a bit (couldnt just breeze through it). Is there a 'hardcore' mode you can choose right away for HS? But yah this game LOOKS freaking awesome.

PS360 ftw!

Currently playing..........

Gears of War 2, GTA IV Lost and Damned, Little Big Planet (Yes I said I had no interest but my girl wanted to try it and we did and now Im hooked )

Around the Network

Hopefully the higher difficulty levels will be a good challenge. That is enough replay value for me.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

kber81 said:

Your basic impression is wrong. Reviewers are totally impressed. I didn't mention about positives because they created 5 page of positive impressions and only... few lines of negatives. 

The "few lines of negatives" sound pretty damning though.  I wouldn't put too much stock in the 5 pages of positives vs. 5 lines of negatives, they could have easily condensed it into 5 pages of negatives and 5 lines of positives if they had wanted to.  As others have said less than 10 hours of gameplay isn't a big problem if the game has plenty of replay value but few secrets, same enemies, and few bosses doesn't sound like it has as much replay value as it could.  I'm also not clear how an "epic" story was fit into a game with less than 10 hours gameplay.  Then again the definition of epic has probably been dumbed down these days to a story simply longer than a comic book or the original Mario Bros. story.  I'm also not sure how this is a redefinition of gaming since Sony fanboys aside it looks like God of War with better graphics.  Anyhow, has Heavenly Sword been annointed the next saviour of the PS3?  Or has Lair not lost that title yet?

Because I'm unable to reproduct spirit of this review I'd like to ask Wojtas to help me with translation:

Summary:

"A bit too short - less than 10 hours

Enemies aren't differential enough - only few models

It would be nice to have more bosses

Lack of secrets

Some issues with collision detection"

And then a 10? That review is a joke! You don't give a 10 to a game if you mention so many issues, a 10 is for a complete perfect game, with hardly anything negative to say about. I've seen reviews with 9 scores with only 1 or 2 small negative comments mentioned about the game. The first two comments already are not worth a 10 "for any game".

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

Around the Network

9's accross 4 reviewers is pretty good.. but where the hell is the 10gb worth of music? i thought they said 15 hrs last time... well atleast the storys epic,
MGS3 was pretty short but its story made it my favorite game.

*~Onna76~* said:

Lack of secrets

And then a 10? That review is a joke! You don't give a 10 to a game if you mention so many issues, a 10 is for a complete perfect game, with hardly anything negative to say about. I've seen reviews with 9 scores with only 1 or 2 small negative comments mentioned about the game. The first two comments already are not worth a 10 "for any game".

ahahah ^^ it got 9's not tens..
the experience is prolly reallly good warranting a 10, but theres just those issues.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

I think this game only being 10 hrs is going to damn it to be a rental for a lot of people if there's little replay value.

To cash in my CC rewards points for $300 in Circuit City gift cards to purchase a 360 or not: That is the question.

Well actually it can be epic even with 10 hours of gameplay, by epic I think the reviewers suggested "Heroic" and impressive in quality, not in size. Plus for what I know this game will be a three parter.

ceres said:
I think this game only being 10 hrs is going to damn it to be a rental for a lot of people if there's little replay value.

not really, if its really good people will prolly buy the game.
same way people buy DVD's of movies they already saw.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

iclim4 said:

9's accross 4 reviewers is pretty good.. but where the hell is the 10gb worth of music? i thought they said 15 hrs last time... well atleast the storys epic,
MGS3 was pretty short but its story made it my favorite game.

*~Onna76~* said:

Lack of secrets

ahahah ^^ it got 9's not tens..
the experience is prolly reallly good warranting a 10, but theres just those issues.

It says 9+ from each reviewer, even then, a game less then 10 hours of gameplay, with enemies you can slash within a blink of an eye, sounds more like around 8 but not that high. I think they've scored the game so high because the graphics were blinking in their minds while they were writing the review. Play Magazine gave it a 10 (as well), therefore I've entirely lost my trust in reviewers that way. As games are made by people, and people aren't either... no game is completely perfect.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo