By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 generates largest sales for UbiSoft! 3rd Parties Abandoning Ps3 my FOOT

Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
I dont wanna sound like a noob, but what does revenue mean? >_>

It's the total amount of money you make before costs .

Revenue - Expenses ( Costs ) = Profit, perfectly reasonable question.

Revenue is a good indicator of performance but what really matters is profits , some companies operate with really low margins (As in they only keep a low % of what the make overall due to high costs or poor management ).

Around the Network
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:

It's fine. An even more elementary explanation:

Let's imagine I make computer monitors. In total, I sell 10 computer monitors for 100 dollars each. That's a total revenue of 1000 dollars. That's the total amount of money I brought in.

However, that isn't 1000 dollars in profit, as you need to consider that it cost me money to buy the parts to put the monitor together (the glass for the screen, the individual transistors, etc) as well as pay a person to assemble them for me, along with some other variable costs. Let's say those costs total 800 dollars.

In this situation, I had 1000 dollars in revenue, 800 dollars in production costs, and 200 dollars in operating income. Then, if you take out the taxes and interest on debt, which may be 100 dollars, you have your "net income" of 100 dollars. "Net Income" is what we typically refer to as "profit," which is

All the money we made (Revenue) - all the money we spent to make the stuff we sold (production costs) - all the money we have to give in taxes = our profit (Net Income). Hope that helps!

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Bodhesatva said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:

It's fine. An even more elementary explanation:

Let's imagine I make computer monitors. In total, I sell 10 computer monitors for 100 dollars each. That's a total revenue of 1000 dollars. That's the total amount of money I brought in.

However, that isn't 1000 dollars in profit, as you need to consider that it cost me money to buy the parts to put the monitor together (the glass for the screen, the individual transistors, etc) as well as pay a person to assemble them for me, along with some other variable costs. Let's say those costs total 800 dollars.

In this situation, I had 1000 dollars in revenue, 800 dollars in production costs, and 200 dollars in operating income. Then, if you take out the taxes and interest on debt, which may be 100 dollars, you have your "net income" of 100 dollars. "Net Income" is what we typically refer to as "profit," which is

All the money we made (Revenue) - all the money we spent to make the stuff we sold (production costs) - all the money we have to give in taxes = our profit (Net Income). Hope that helps!

Ahh, i see. thanks dude! :)

So then good revenue = good news then mm, nice! :D

Another big company claiming that the PS3 generates the most in sales, I would like to know why some people claim the PS3 has no 3rd party support, shame shame

Another big company claiming that the PS3 generates the most in sales, I would like to know why some people claim the PS3 has no 3rd party support, shame shame

Around the Network

Well maybe ubisoft will look at this and finally realize they need to bump up there effort on wii.

Doesnt really make sense though, when you look and see games like rayman, and shaun white selling amazing on wii. Also is this just revenue or actual profit? Because there is a big difference there, PS3 games cost more than wii games at retail, and cost more to make.

Support good third party games on wii. Buy games like house of the dead overkill, de blob, madworld, the conduit and boom blox.

halil23 said:

darthdevidem01 for the win!

Take 2, EA now this!
After seeing this trend, it looks like 360 is more likely to be abandon by 3rd parties before the PS3. lol

Haha, 360 smoked the PS3 for EA last quarter and the last fiscal year. I got the numbers if you really want to see, heh. Actually really cannot wait for EAs numbers next week as it's not even going to be close with two console side exclusives and Left 4 Dead pushing big numbers.

Anyhow, this is too easy, Haze. Simple. Made some shipment numbers, but certainly did not save the developers.  Same deal for one quarter and TT, Bioshock. Again, Bomba.

lol don't understand why Xbox 360 fans love to troll as much as ps fanboy

Bodhesatva said:

Ugh, this thread is a mess. First and foremost, the PS3 is definitely still a worthwhile platform for multiplatform releases. It wouldn't even have to perform on par with the 360: even a 66/33 split would be more than fine. That's how porting works.

Second, all of this data is wrong or misleading. First, Ubisoft did not earn more money on the PS3 than the 360 this last quarter: they did earn more money earlier in the year, which we made a post about 6 months ago. Second, neither is the actual leader.

The DS is, by a wide margin, the largest seller for Ubisoft, generating nearly 50% more revenue than any other system. It is clearly Ubisoft's main platform.

Imagine titles sell.

edited : it was too sexy to be posted here.l

this thread = failed!!!

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder