By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Hardest games you could not beat

ocarina of time >.

Around the Network

i also could not beat ninja gaiden sigma...it a very hard game, but its also awesome! i might rent it again and try harder to beat it.

Cant wait till Assassins Creed!

IGN has a top 10 list of hardest games (not definitive or anything but still an interesting read).

http://pc.ign.com/articles/774/774907p1.html

Double Dragon III
Ikaruga
Silver Sufer (NES)

The only game I could never complete wat Pokémon Pinball: It's almost impossible to completely beat this game... that means getting 151 pokémon. First, you need them to appear and second you need super luck to capture them. I could never do it.

Right now I'm playing Colin McRae Rally 2005... and hell, it's the hardest racing game I have ever played. I just CAN'T complete the Australia stage with the Toyota Celica.

Around the Network

Odin Sphere-- that game was pretty stupid hard.

It may have been the prettiest game I've seen, well, ever, but it was hard just for the sake of being hard and that's terribly game design. Even on the easiest setting (the one where the game tells you you to sit back and enjoy the story) the game is still just beyond hard.

I don't mind hard games, in fact, I generally welcome a good challenge, but when I have to use my entire severely limited inventory just to reach a mini boss, spend a good 30-45 minutes fighting that boss to get him to 3/4's health, die, and be forced to repeat the process again, that just sucks. I would have loved to get further in that game but the terrible game design kept me from doing so.

I know people will chime in with you don't know how to play lol and omg u have 2 use food well I do and I did so screw you. I wasn't nearly perfect at the game but I did have a good grasp on the play method and always had seeds on me to grow food and the game just stopped being fun because it was too hard. There's good hard where you keep dieing and restarting like RE4 and then there's bad hard where you keep dieing and restarting and it's frustrating like this game. This one was hard just because they wanted to make it stupid difficult and sales suffered because of that.

It's really a shame too because I really wanted to love this game.

Sonic the Hedgehog (Genesis)-- I know very few people who have gotten the real ending let alone even the easier to get fake ending.

In order to get the real ending, you not only have to complete the game which is hard enough in itself (this game is harder than Battletoads) you also have to get all the Chaos Emeralds which is near impossible.

Like I said, I know a small group of people that have gotten the fake ending and then I know a bar even smaller group that has gotten the real ending.

Mario Bros 2. (the real one not american version)

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

God Of War II. I never played the original, but I thought I was hot stuff from beating Devil May Cry 3 on the hardest difficulty so I thought that I'd try this game on hard. This game is so unfair it's not even funny. I would love to see someone beat that game on the hardest difficulty. I just want to get that game over with.

Journey to Sicilius on the NES was the only game I've come across where I have never seen anyone beat it without using a game genie and even then it still was not a sure thing.