By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii Fit Helps Paralyzed Girl Walk Again

Grampy said:
Sqrl said:
Grampy said:

@ Redspear
I come from a scientific research background where you are expected to actually do a little research before shooting off your mouth and to provide some documentation.

Besides his cynical attitude to the story just pissed me off. If a $350 investment helps at all, what's the problem. And as far as cheaper ways to accomplish the same thing shows he knows nothing about the cost of physical therapy or the other instruments cost.

Not to mention the fact that a rehab regiment that people WANT to follow is priceless!

On the issue of balance equipment in the medical industry, there is equipment out there for balance testing. I don't know the details of the equipment but I can get you in contact with the reps that demo and sell the equipment to hospitals if you're interested.  Drop me a PM if you're interested.

I know, I have a picture of one of the most used in my post on page three plus I mention the other types of equipment and test. All of them cost a LOT more than $350.

well the reason those things are probably so expensive are that they aren't mass sold or mass use.  I mean all the R&D put into them or what not and they are sent to what 1-2 of them per big hospital.  Vs. the Wiifit that is selling 10+ million them.  So even if the R&D and parts are the same costs for those balance things vs wiifit the fact that the Nintendo can sell these to normal people and is not just stuck in hospitals then they can sell it for less profit per unit.  

So the cost of them I'm sure is probably cheaper than making a balance board, but they can't sell the number Wiifit can so they have to sell at a higher price to make up their R&D and make a profit.   

But to the story great to hear that a girl is and many others in life are able to overcome even the smallest things in like nursing homes to the HUGE things like allowing a girl to be able to walk again.

Around the Network

That a kewl story,now lets see if he can heal the blind by making "Wii Sight"

Ain't no rules in the jungle, if there were I wouldn't be here!!

This makes me happy. It's really good that Wii Fit has helped this girl walk again.

Ninsonysoft01 said:

Something like this?

http://vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=12879&region=All

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

famousringo said:
Ninsonysoft01 said:

Something like this?

http://vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=12879®ion=All

Yeah Yeah something like that.

Didn't know a game like that was out.

Ain't no rules in the jungle, if there were I wouldn't be here!!