By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Metroid Prime 3 Cover

It's box art alright.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

Around the Network

Was bored so i've put together a boxart for MP3. Not turned out exactly as i've imagined, but nothing does anyway :)

joora i love your boxart! i am so gonna print it!!!

I expect MP3 to get an 8 from 1up and that is if they love the game. 7 seems more likely. No multiplayer, no support for classic controller, the game looks good but no HD, the controls are not solid like other Primes, blah blah blah.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

@joora - not bad, but a little dark overall. Maybe a more starry background, with a Samus silhouette.

I think it looks fine - definitely better than MP2, and at least on par with MP1. Not sure about the visor top-left corner - take that out, or replace with another image.

It gives the impression of "great scope", with space and the planet behind it. 

What is up with 1UP? Are they trying to come across as anti-Ninty biased? If so, they are doing a pretty good job.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network

About the one in the corner, anyone else noticing any major differences? Samus' screen is very angular and has the main branch extending upwards past the meeting point. She also has 3 lines (possibly five) lines on the top of helmet. The picture in the corner has a much smoother, Y shaped screen with only 2 lines on the top of the helmet. It seems to me that this is an entirely different person. So maybe it is more relative than just another visor.

...that's because it's Dark Samus.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

ClaudeLv250 said:
...that's because it's Dark Samus.

...*slaps head*  Curse my easily excitable ways.  Well, atleast it's not just another Samus thrown in for good measure (unless DS is really her evil twin /joke).  It now has some reason to be included.

@joora

I imagined a similar cover except behind Dark Samus I imagined a hallway similar to the one in the MP1 boxart except imagine it is lit in red instead of yellow/gold.

I think the actual cover for MP3 is the best one in this thread, by far. The only thing I don't get is the other head in the top left corner, but then I don't know much about Metroid to begin with.

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick