By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - When wii monsters legs will stop to Top

Games like wii fit, mario kart wii, wii play and others are always in top 10, i never saw wii fit under fifth, position...

Really, this games won't never stop to top? (I'm not worried, would prefer say confuse)

Around the Network

so what is there to be worried about , its a great piece of hardware that could be used in many a game if devs wernt lazy about it and only worried about repeating teh same drek to sell to teh "core" crowd that cant step out side of their little comfort bubble b/c they would see teh world is bigger then the sum they have composed of grenades and maden repeats

Why are you worried about it? The games are selling great, what`s the matter?

well, MKWii should (note I said should, not it will) begin to descend the charts a bit this year, I do expect it to be a mainstay in the top 20 though the summer, then shoot back up to the top 10, maybe even 5 some weeks over cmas 09. WiiFit, imo, will stay in the top 10 or maybe 5 many weeks all year, then do the same over cmas.

WiiFit and MKWii, are legends in the making, think of it this way- You are seeing what happened with Pokemon 12 years ago happen before your very eyes.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Wii Fit could take a LONG while to drop, Wii Play too, but Mario Kart Wii will drop a lot faster.

"After you win, son, I feel like going for a ride on your bike, haha." ~Doc Louis (Punch Out Wii)

Around the Network

To note, I think MK Wii will be in the top 50 for years.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Wii Fit and MK Wii are going to stay for a loong time. Brawl might as well.

My collection of guides on GameFAQs: Read them here

My latest guide on GameFAQs, for Little King's Story! Read it here 

Look at this Mario Kart graph, and know true horror:

http://www.vgchartz.com/swlaunch.php?reg1=All&game1=Mario+Kart+Wii+-+Wii&reg2=All&game2=Mario+Kart+DS+-+DS&reg3=All&game3=&weeks=150

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

oh my god @ the chart

Twilightman on Gametrailers

Mario Kart and wii fit have been in the top 5 for a little under a year so far. In some areas those games are still sold out. It is hard to believe that they won't continue in the top 5 for this year also. Look at Mario kart DS and Brain age both of them have been in the top 50 for a long time. Both games may not slow down until sometime next year. Wii play and Wii sports will probably never fall below the top 10.

Wii fit is looking to have a 30% attach rate
Mario Kart wii is looking to have a 25-30% attach rate.

Brawl and Super Mario Galaxy look like they might have a 10-15% attach rate.

95% of gamers don't know they are noobs, the 5% who do won't be noobs for long

Check out my kickstarter project: http://kck.st/15CEuUT

Check out my blog: http://www.metropolisgaming.com