By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Uncharted 2 confirmed to be a 4rth person shooter/adventure game!!!!!!!!!!!

kuraobi said:
megaman79 said:
i dont get 2nd person, im drunk so excuse the stupid question but thats bullshit.

I read books, 2nd person is still third person isnt it

Well actually no. I've thought about it, and there's definitely some books written with the second person. There's even a name for it : "The books where you are the hero".

They need a sequel.. The Books where you are the Villain

Thatd be cool. "And then our adventurer kicks you in the nads, stumbling backwards into a pit of lava. You feel your flesh melting off of you as you scream in sheer agony"

Around the Network

second person game would be weird.. whole game seen through the eyes of another guy .. ie not the one you are XD

Check out my game about moles ^

oh yeah. 4th person.. only on playstation 3 XD

Check out my game about moles ^

Wait...was it a joke? Or what? I dont get it....

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

colonelstubbs said:
Wait...was it a joke? Or what? I dont get it....

The joke is that 4th person perspective doesn't exist

"After you win, son, I feel like going for a ride on your bike, haha." ~Doc Louis (Punch Out Wii)

Around the Network
megaman79 said:
i dont get 2nd person, im drunk so excuse the stupid question but thats bullshit.

I read books, 2nd person is still third person isnt it

2nd person perspective is used in some games, the one i know the most is the 1st boss of Battletoads.

The character you control is the toad standing on the left of the screen, the 2 weapons shooting belong to the boss you're trying to beat, and the rock is the way to kill it. As you see, screen is showing the boss looking at you, instead of you looking at the boss.

To date, i know games with parts done in 2nd person, but not a game completely done in this perspective, it would be kind of silly.

I guess if you want to experience a 2nd person game, just follow someone else around in 1st person mode in an MMORPG and do nothing but chat with them lol then its quasi 2nd person

I am not sure whether a second person game would be one where you control a player, but your camera is in the eyes of another character, or one where you are watching the main character.

I think that picture of battletoads is actually a second person screenshot

As the 79th megaman said, second person does not actually exist in a literary sense. Since the terms first person and third person are based on literary terminology (I could be wrong), there is no such thing as second person because people don't understand what Point of View is. There are actually five points of view, none of which are Second Person:

First Person: The story is narrated from a character (so that the word "I" is used), and is therefore limited by that character's perspective. It's actually very similar to Third Person Limited.

Third Person Limited: Basically the same as first person in that you are trapped in the perspective of a character, but it is narrated by a detached voice. Most of the traits of First Person narration are also applicable here.

Third Person Omniscient: As the word "omniscient" implies, the narrator (though still not a character) knows everything. That does not mean the narrator will say everything, but it means it can technically reveal any fact in the story's universe.

Now you could think you would always want to use third person omniscient because it allows for the most possibilities, but sometimes feeling the limitations that you as a human have (of not seeing beyond what a character can see) fits a story better. Point of View tends to be far more important to literary works than commercial writing because it's trying to do something beyond providing enjoyment for the reader.

Dramatic: There isn't a narrator at all. The reader only gets to see events in the story. You can think of it like a movie, in that in movies you are usually stuck in the perspective of an invisible camera, just like this POV.

Stream of Consciousness: This is the awesomesauce that you never get to experience if you restrict yourself to commercial books. Basically, you are trapped entirely in a person's mind. Therefore, you can only see how the character thinks, so you might not get an accurate perception of reality. The reason it's awesomesauce is that you don't naturally get to see things from within a person's mind. The reason you will hardly ever see it is because it's so damn hard to do right.

Wait...what the hell? Why am I giving a literary lecture on a video game forum? The English midterms must have gotten to my head....

bardicverse said:
1st person - me, I, aka the direct affect on oneself
2nd person - you, the person I am interacting with.
3rd person - a person overseeing the interaction from afar, like a narrator
4th person - wtf?

Well, considering playing as a gun makes me go "wtf?", then 4th person shooter would fit!

And, in other news, Pac Man is confirmed to be 0th person shooter.