By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - RFOM 1 > RFOM 2: Its not an improved sequel and the sales prove it.

R2 was awesome. Way better than the first. Kudos to insomniac for yet another AAA title.

If you aren't playing B3YOND, you're playing behind

Playstation 3: It Only Does Everything

Around the Network

The sales prove what??

http://vgchartz.com/swlaunch.php?reg1=All&game1=Resistance%3A+Fall+of+Man+-+PS3&reg2=All&game2=Resistance+2+-+PS3&reg3=All&game3=&weeks=10

Is it trendy to bash R2, because it didn't hold serve against Gears 2, the way some on the Sony side said it would? I am looking forward to trying R2 sometime. Gears 2 got my purchase money over R2, because it had bots. I still look forward to playing R2 sometime, and buying it, if I can get to it.

Call of Duty IV: 4 Million sales LTD.
RFOM 1: 3.3 Million sales LTD

Call of Duty V: 2.6 Million sales LTD
RFOM 2: 1.2 Million sales LTD.

One series has fallen significantly, can you tell which one?

Can anyone really, honestly say with a straight face that this game is going to have legs? Killzone 2 is about 6 weeks away.

Tease.

I agree for the simple fact that RESI 2 felt wishy- washy in terms of story and gameplay. I did however like the big shoot outs in RESI 2, but it felt less epic than RESI 1.

Around the Network
Squilliam said:
Call of Duty IV: 4 Million sales LTD.
RFOM 1: 3.3 Million sales LTD

Call of Duty V: 2.6 Million sales LTD
RFOM 2: 1.2 Million sales LTD.

One series has fallen significantly, can you tell which one?

Can anyone really, honestly say with a straight face that this game is going to have legs? Killzone 2 is about 6 weeks away.

This is incredible spin. I applaud you.

So if R2 sells 1.5 times what R1 did, but CoD5 sells twice what CoD4 did, then R2 is a flop?

What the hell?

And yes, I suspect Killzone 2 will have very little effect on R2's sales

Yeah... I don't think the sales thing is helping your argument any.

But for what it's worth, you're not the only one who thought R2 sucked :)

R2 was the biggest let down of the year. And i agree with what Squilliam said for the most part about gameplay and the likes. I have no comment about the sales. You die so many times in R2 from retarded nonsense it boggles the mind, add in a multiplayer its lacking a retarded amount of features that made RFoM so great.

The only good thing about R2 would be the co-op.

In before Zenfolder...

No. Try playing R1 again I doubt you will last 5 minutes. The Game was epeic when it first came out but now its ugh. I am an authority when it comes to Resistance and may I say that R2 is great.

The singleplayer is a bunch of set pieces strung together (like LOTR) but they are fun to play through despite the horrible story.

R1 had more charm because of Hale's silence and the allure of Europe but R2 is an all around improvement.

The Co op and multiplayer will last forever for the player. The game is tuned well, not perfectly but well.

The goliath smack cars at you for fun and all the monsters respond intelligently.

And as for the sales I predict that R2 will outsell R1 and L4D(360) WW, and Gears 2 in Others.

The game is stellar not perfect by any stretch of the imagination but stllar. I could right a really in depth reveiw on the title.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

I don't know about that... I thought both games were pretty bad. I'd have to agree with everyone that says sales don't quite match the quality, though, too much weight is put on games' accessibility. It didn't help that Resistance itself wasn't exactly a great game, people just bought it because it was bundled / one of the few decent games out for the PS3, so not many people were hyped for R2. That's my theory, anyway.

@richardhutnik: Sure, Gears 2 blowing this game away is partly why it receives hate. I just don't like it because the game feels generic - perhaps I've played enough FPS on PC before, a game like this just bores me. If you've tried / liked the first one, R2 will probably be worth a shot.

@Signalstar: R2 outselling Gears 2 in Others? That's a bold prediction you've got there... you've seen the sales, right?

http://vgchartz.com/swlaunch.php?reg1=All&game1=&reg2=Others&game2=Resistance+2+-+PS3&reg3=Others&game3=Gears+of+War+2+-+X360&weeks=15&weekly=1