By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - It's time to talk: which one will be the most powerfull? PSP2 or DS2?

Star Scream said:
I don't think there'll be PSP2 for a long, long time. Same for DS2.

Agreed 100% Star.

Around the Network

Sony doesn't have the capability to support a system that is being sold at a noticeable loss, and (hopefully) has learned a lesson about releasing a system at a very high price, so they're fairly limited in how much more powerful the PSP2 can be unless they wait a couple of years to release it.

At the same time, Nintendo released the Gameboy which was (roughly) the power of the NES, followed that up with the GBA which was (roughly) as powerful as a SNES, and followed that with the Nintendo DS which was (roughly) as powerful as the N64 ... I personally expect Nintendo to move the Wii's hardware to the 45nm process, integrate the GPU, CPU and MoSys memory onto one processor, and have it run at a speed where it closely approximates the performance of the Gamecube.  I could be wrong, but I have noticed that Nintendo likes to release their Console games from a previous generation on their handheld to produce a large library at a small cost.

Id like to see the new psp be a combo device a PMP not tied soley to one of sonys stupid propriatary formats. Give me a nice sized hard drive(180gig or better) with the abilty to play just about any movie and audio format. Slim it down a bit and give it a touch screen that takes up the whole face of the device with a slide out or flip out control board. Up the ram and the processor a bit. Give it a usb cable and the ability to drag and drop files from a PC. Hell I'd give $400 for that in a second.

will there ever be a ds 2? seems like future of gaming is just upgraded models. Adding a few more features than the previous. we've almost come to a saturation point in reguards to graphics. I mean that in a sense of people caring. Don't get me wrong i think things will still evolve especially when it comes to interface, but i think things have changed as well.

Who cares the only thing that matters to me is who is going to have the better games? The answer to that is the DS2.

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Around the Network
madskillz said:
The PSP is more powerful - and is still a distant second.

Power has nothing to do with sales - gameplay does.

/End thread.

imagine babiez is why.

True /end thread

psp ftw !

Check out my game about moles ^

psp2 if their is one will be the more powerfull probably 3 times at best , more powerfull than the psp. the ds2 or another name for their next handheld , most likely will be a gamecube lite system. maybe 1 time more powerfull than the gamecube and will use thier gamecube disks for the games.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

I don't know why this is even being discussed..

its obvious nintendo won't take a sony approach to their next handheld and will release something cheap with low specs..

sony more then likely learned their leason and won't risk the company on a handheld so their probably going to release something cheap just to make a little profit..

their both a long way off at least another year or two.

Predictions.

1. Wii will never reach 50% market share.

2. Kz2 will sell 1.3 first week 3.5 LT.
Sales predictions for 09.

Wii - 69 - 72
PS3 - 32 - 34
X360 - 39 - 41

I expect DS2 to like like gamecube and have Super Mari Sunshine as a launch title.

I expect PSP2 to come out at the end of this year and have Xbox level graphics, or not come out at all.

Hawkeye said:
I expect DS2 to like like gamecube and have Super Mari Sunshine as a launch title.

I expect PSP2 to come out at the end of this year and have Xbox level graphics, or not come out at all.

I think your right about the DS2 but PSP2 will probablyhave a little leap in grafix and advertize that...(DS2 is not gonna do anything for grafix, but rather the touch screen and etc.)