By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony says PS3 only console powerful enough for Killzone 2

Thank you sony. Once again you have created the ultimate spin, and unleashed it upon the world. Maybe this time it will work and actually move a few consoles off shelves. It is 2009 , but the same old sony. Repeating the same garbage PR from 2 years ago won't save them this generation.

Around the Network

This game is gonna be awesome!!

Native 1080p 720p??  and 60 fps 30 fps!

Onyxmeth said:

Of course PS3 is the only console powerful enough for Killzone 2! You would have to put the power of a Blu Ray player in the 360 so it could read the disc. Duh!

@11ht11: The PC isn't a console, it's a PC.

OT: Yeah, it probably is. Note that he didn't say it was the only console capable of handling a game like Killzone 2, just the only console capable of handling Killzone 2. Probably true, because it's been optimised for the PS3 hardware, to use more processor power and less GPU...or something.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Well, they aint gonna say 'this game could however appear on the 360' are they...

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

If you do not believe it, just buy the game and try to run it on your XBox 360 :)

Play my LittleBigLove level: search keywords "LittleBigLove realil"

LJ (Russian): http://realill.livejournal.com

Around the Network

Looks like sony needed tp take some airtime away from Aaron Greenberg. It was bad to let M$ do all the PR.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

I have to say it's true, Deffered rendering is just suited to the PS3, but thats no to say Killzone couldn't be done on the 360 or wii, cuz it could, it's just a matter of what needs to be changed to achive it, and weather or not it would be the same game, so really the as then game stands with out any modifications, the PS3 is trully the only console powerful enough to run Killzone 2.

Sony's right though, you couldn't play KZ2 on the Wii because the graphics on the Wii aren't capable of making a game in HD AND you can't play it on the 360 because the 360 controller doesn't have tilt functionality.

Therefore, the PS3 is indeed the only console that can play Killzone 2.

jetrii said:
130 employees working on a game for 5+ years with a budget of 30-60 million dollars will get you a game unlike any other.

i didn't know winter 2006 till now was 5+ years.

3 years.. sure.. but 5 ? no no no

Check out my game about moles ^

Staude said:
jetrii said:
130 employees working on a game for 5+ years with a budget of 30-60 million dollars will get you a game unlike any other.

i didn't know winter 2006 till now was 5+ years.

3 years.. sure.. but 5 ? no no no

Winter 2006?  They showed a video at E3 2005.  The game has obviosly been worked on since before E3 2005.  Design discussions, architectural discussions, art discussions...video of representative gameplay doesn't just magically appear.