By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What Nintendo portable was the best?

O-D-C said:
chasmatic12 said:
Was the Virtual Boy technically a portable? It had to be plugged into the wall..

No their was a battery pak.

OT: GAME BOY MICRO!!!!

I never had a battery pack! (Yes, I was one of the few with a Virtual Boy)

I think the Gameboy Color or the DS is the best. I can't choose.

Around the Network

What Onyxmeth said about DS
And need to add it can play all those great GBA games ;)

WiiU/Wii/3DS/DS/Xbox360/PS3/PSP Owner 
3DS FC: 1032-1246-9162  (Nacho)
Nintendo Network ID: Zap786
If you add me, please let me know to add you back

Gameboy, It was just awesome and solidified the success and monopoly on handhelds for Nintendo that still exists today.

Also without it and its later versions Nintendo might have gone out of business all together. It kept Ninty alive

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

I have fond memories of Link's Awakening on my pea-green screen... and Final Fantasy Tactics on my snazzy SP...

But clearly the DS is the best, ever. SO pretty and so fun.

DS.

Is not only the best Nintendo handheld, but it also a system awith a very large and unique selection of good quality games.

It's has PS2-like third party support, plus the Nintendo first party game. And not only games, but it also has a very good selection of unique apps, like Korg DS, Jam Sessions, Elektroplankton, etc.

Plus, very innovative and original games thanks to the touchscreen (which the PSP 2 is for sure going to copy).

Around the Network

Nintendo DS ftw.

Add in the fact that it can play all of those great GBA games and it's the clear winner, imo.

Cactus said:
Onyxmeth said:

The DS is the greatest thing in the history of videogames, so naturally it's also the best handheld. It's what everyone wants the Wii to be, just only like 9 steps ahead.

/thread

+1 I think I use it more than my Wii and 360 combined.

Why did I sell my DS when I was broke last summer???? Oh well, maybe I will get a DS lite since my DS was the original.

I'd vote for the Gameboy for getting Nintendo into the dominate position for handhelds but DS probably deserves the title almost now.

BengaBenga said:
Cactus said:
Onyxmeth said:

The DS is the greatest thing in the history of videogames, so naturally it's also the best handheld. It's what everyone wants the Wii to be, just only like 9 steps ahead.

/thread

+1 I think I use it more than my Wii and 360 combined.

Yeah, this is more or less true. DS is the system to own right now period.

Anyone who says anything but the DS - well, I just don't get it.

DS