By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Official VGChartz Killzone 2 Clan

Pristine20 said:
IllegalPaladin said:

Oh my god.... that last match was really annoying. It was hard enough having to fight the delay to get your kills and coupled with boost it made it feel like you're shots weren't doing any damage. To make things worse, 3 or 4 of them used the engineer and with the delay, they were a bitch to kill while just one of them would decimate EVERYBODY with a shotgun.

It also sucked that we had two VERY close calls to win two missions. In Search and Destroy, they defused a charge literally at the last second and in Search and Retrieve, we were tied and were literally like one or two feet from delivering the speaker when time ran out.

Yeah, that boosting was ridiculous. I was unleashing full lmg clips and those guys weren't dying. Even the lmg dude with no boost won't die. usually 5 -10 well placed shots are enough. i was confused 4 a while. Had to use the shotgun myself during S&R just for payback and to have some bots up top.

Man was I pissed when they defused the bomb at 1 sec. Also, I was right next to shan when he delivered. i could've sworn the speaker was on the stand only to see we didn't get the points...wow.  Luck sure wasn't on our side yesterday lol. I hate games like that. It's like you sacrifice for nothing.

Didn't you say your K/D ratio just went down one time. I feel bad for ya after that match. Hopefully no harm was done. My kills are so high that mine is pretty much insulated at this point lol. When I saw you switch to shotgun too during their S&D it was funny as hell. I knew then that we were in BIG trouble.

I delivered 2 of the propganda speakers and contributed in two others. So it felt heartbreaking to lose that one bcoz of like 1/1000 th of a second also killed the assasination target :). Also my K/d went down the drain after that game. Anyway starting to not care about k/d anymore. I got clan matches to thank 4 that. Playing for the team and contributing in a win is enormously more satisfying.

Its emotionally draining though, especially when you lose :P

It is better to die on one's feet

then live on one's knees

Around the Network
non-gravity said:
ocnkng said:
Staude said:
non-gravity said:
hanafuda said:
PSN hanafuda | Japan

I only started online this week, so still a n00b, but doing OK. Just got my first online related trophy.

Too inexperienced.

And Japan must be a crappy time zone to be for our matches.

If he intends to stay active we shouldn't exclude him because of experience. Afterall they didn't get it the same time we did. We should atleast give him a chance.

I fully agree with this.

Sure anyone deserves a chance Still he's 8 hours ahead of my time zone (GMT+1) and 11 hours behind the American East Coast, which is not very practical

Thats K. I can understand the practical difficulties. Whatever decision you take will be accepted by me of course.

then live on one's knees

non-gravity said:
ocnkng said:
Staude said:
non-gravity said:
hanafuda said:
PSN hanafuda | Japan

I only started online this week, so still a n00b, but doing OK. Just got my first online related trophy.

Too inexperienced.

And Japan must be a crappy time zone to be for our matches.

If he intends to stay active we shouldn't exclude him because of experience. Afterall they didn't get it the same time we did. We should atleast give him a chance.

I fully agree with this.

Sure anyone deserves a chance Still he's 8 hours ahead of my time zone (GMT+1) and 11 hours behind the American East Coast, which is not very practical

by my calculations we play games (in his timezone) from 4AM-Noon, so if he is capable of playing those times I don't see what the problem is.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

ocnkng said:
Pristine20 said:
IllegalPaladin said:

Oh my god.... that last match was really annoying. It was hard enough having to fight the delay to get your kills and coupled with boost it made it feel like you're shots weren't doing any damage. To make things worse, 3 or 4 of them used the engineer and with the delay, they were a bitch to kill while just one of them would decimate EVERYBODY with a shotgun.

It also sucked that we had two VERY close calls to win two missions. In Search and Destroy, they defused a charge literally at the last second and in Search and Retrieve, we were tied and were literally like one or two feet from delivering the speaker when time ran out.

Yeah, that boosting was ridiculous. I was unleashing full lmg clips and those guys weren't dying. Even the lmg dude with no boost won't die. usually 5 -10 well placed shots are enough. i was confused 4 a while. Had to use the shotgun myself during S&R just for payback and to have some bots up top.

Man was I pissed when they defused the bomb at 1 sec. Also, I was right next to shan when he delivered. i could've sworn the speaker was on the stand only to see we didn't get the points...wow.  Luck sure wasn't on our side yesterday lol. I hate games like that. It's like you sacrifice for nothing.

Didn't you say your K/D ratio just went down one time. I feel bad for ya after that match. Hopefully no harm was done. My kills are so high that mine is pretty much insulated at this point lol. When I saw you switch to shotgun too during their S&D it was funny as hell. I knew then that we were in BIG trouble.

I delivered 2 of the propganda speakers and contributed in two others. So it felt heartbreaking to lose that one bcoz of like 1/1000 th of a second also killed the assasination target :). Also my K/d went down the drain after that game. Anyway starting to not care about k/d anymore. I got clan matches to thank 4 that. Playing for the team and contributing in a win is enormously more satisfying.

Its emotionally draining though, especially when you lose :P

Mine would probably have shifted a lot if I didn't also play so many long non-clan games. I don't sacrifice needlessly in those unless my 1.5 multiplier is really at stake (other time my team is obviously hopeless so I simply play to survive and to salvage as many points as possible before gameover). i definitely agree with your sentiment. Winning for the clan >>>K/D after the game.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

^ Yes clan matches are truly what elevates this from a video game to more of an actual sport. Its an awesome feeling. Anyway my personal tribute to you for so wise in all matters KZ2 not to mention a kick ass player.
Also I would like to thank Staude for being an awesome leader during the semifinal match. His voice advise really helped me to maintain focus during the match.
Having said that you(p20), Shan and Switch do that very good too.
Lolz I remeber Switch berating me for not remembering to spawn as an engineer. You always need that leader on the field, sort of guiding and advising.
I can't do that at all :
1) Coz I play even worse if I try to talk.
2) I tend to shout when I am too excited lolz.

then live on one's knees

Around the Network

Ya lol it does help having someone on mic helping out by leading the team, just being told the number of eniemes in the next room could make a huge difference for me lol. Last nights match was frustrating lol the SnR game and SnD, but mostly there had to of been a delay lol like i shot so many guys up close in the head and they didnt die. but you guys are right these matches def seperate the game from the sport damn!

"It puts the lotion on the skin, or else it gets the hose again" lol

Psn - Alchemy528

And Staude Watched the video Finally! lol nice job bro, is there only one map strategy or is this going to basically carry on to every map? lol

"It puts the lotion on the skin, or else it gets the hose again" lol

Psn - Alchemy528

ocnkng said:
^ Yes clan matches are truly what elevates this from a video game to more of an actual sport. Its an awesome feeling. Anyway my personal tribute to you for so wise in all matters KZ2 not to mention a kick ass player.
Also I would like to thank Staude for being an awesome leader during the semifinal match. His voice advise really helped me to maintain focus during the match.
Having said that you(p20), Shan and Switch do that very good too.
Lolz I remeber Switch berating me for not remembering to spawn as an engineer. You always need that leader on the field, sort of guiding and advising.
I can't do that at all :
1) Coz I play even worse if I try to talk.
2) I tend to shout when I am too excited lolz.

lol thanks man. I don't know if i'm of that much use, but I try to tell people what's the most optimal tactics runningly during the match.

I'll start on my second vid covering the market soon. After that one I'm moving on to a new map.

On another note. Whatever happened to SSG_specialforce ?

Check out my game about moles ^

ShadowCompany said:
And Staude Watched the video Finally! lol nice job bro, is there only one map strategy or is this going to basically carry on to every map? lol

Ill be making more in the future. Next one will be more specific and cover some new stuff.. but on the same map and.. I think the one after that will be radec.

Check out my game about moles ^

non-gravity said:
Rickz0r said:
Am I still allowed to join?
Rickz0r, Europe, K/D 2.30 +- . Usually around 2 on FPS's. Just got 3 new games (Fallout 3, Fifa 09 and Battlefield) but I also got the Killzone 2 DLC friday, so I'll be starting to play it again soon.

Did you stop playing the game for a month or so and just recently started playing again?

What's your favorite class? I hope it isn't actually the scout class.

pannekoek

I stopped playing Killzone 2 a month ago, because my Ps3 did a YLOD on me..... And I just got some new games... I'm planning on starting again this friday, I already got the DLC and played it a lil bit. (Got more then half of the trophies on the DLC)

My favorite class is the scout class, If I'm playing alone/ in a fun party that is. The clan I'm in now is falling appart. We were all in a clan that was #9, but that 1 got abondened by the leader by unknown reasons... With this clan we were pretty high, but then there was a corrupt officer which joined alot of games with valor input... We lost lots of points... All the clan wars I played so far were won... I can be a pretty good team player, I got a headset and I usually can tell the right tactics...

Btw: Je bent zelf ook een pannekoek