By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Any smokers who own Nintendo DS on here?

This is my first thread after lurking for ages.  Hooray :P.

Anyway, I just picked up Ubisofts 'My Quit Smoking Coach'.  I've been smoking for almost ten years, and want to stop.

Has anyone on here used this, or heard of anyone using it (or the books its based on)?

Does it actually work?  Will it help?

(and yes I know everyone hates Ubisofts non games, but Wii Fit helped me get in shape, so why not try?)

Last year's game of the year turned out to be Silent Hill : Shattered Memories (online GOTY was COD 6).  This year's GOTY leader to me is Heavy Rain.

Wii Friend Code: 4094-4604-1880-6889

Around the Network

I actually read the book a couple of years ago and surprised myself by stopping. The book helped some of my friends too. The books strength is that it uses simple logic to make you question your addiction. Give it a go. Best of all, you don't have to stop smoking till you're done with the course.

Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

this probably wont work, like WII fit making you muscular and losing 3lbs/week

ceaser92 said:

Wii fit with it's wieghing every day thing, helped me think about what i was putting in my body everyday, and what i needed to actually.

Kind of like an eating disorder, at first i got paranoid about tomorrows measurement.  but after a bit i stopped the wieghing constantly because i had a better idea of how much i should be eating, i lost 20 pounds and it isnt back since.

Also in my line of work stress can be heavy, and i found the yoga helped.

Using wii fit to become a ufc fighter or something probobly wouldn't work tho.

Last year's game of the year turned out to be Silent Hill : Shattered Memories (online GOTY was COD 6).  This year's GOTY leader to me is Heavy Rain.

hmm might suggest this for my mom. As for me, I only smoke casually and rarely cigarettes so prolly wont give it a second thougt.

Around the Network
O-D-C said:
hmm might suggest this for my mom. As for me, I only smoke casually and rarely cigarettes so prolly wont give it a second thougt.

Im chronic as well, doubt they'll make a game for that.

With the amount of weed i smoke, cigarettes gotta go.

Then sadly one day, the weed too . . .

Though it's the ultimate videogame enhancer.  Makes any game seem more fun.

Pyramid Head said:
O-D-C said:

Yes it does.

ceaser92 said:

I don't get why some people still say that Wiifit wont make you any fitter.

Just start of by imagining doing pushups, situps, and a variety of other exercises at a gym, doing that will make you fitter right? so why would that change just by putting a little white board under your feet, if anything that will motivate people to do more of the exercises as you can see yourself improving.

OT: I would imagine that it would work, but remember that will power is the strongest tool you will need, and if you still find it hard then get patches, and I hear that the nicotine losinges are really good too.

Pyramid Head said:
O-D-C said:

Why......

Addictions are a mind over matter thing. I'm sure the software, like most "quit smoking" things essentially are based on something like that. I haven't heard anyone who has used it but it probably will work. As long as you want to quit, you'll be able to.