By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Favorite Sonic Zone

Indeed, Sonic 3 is a great game, just missing out of my top 10 because of the reasons Disolitude stated (and the fact that I was stuck in Carnival Night Zone for the longest time. Took me forever to figure out I just needed to hold down...).

Still, you're right in that Marble Hill Zone was a great zone, especially as the level started to morph and mold in Act 2. Good stuff. Man, the music was great too... I might have to give it a playthrough.

Around the Network
Ronster316 said:
Sonic 1............ starlight zone, super fast, super fun

Sonic 2........... mystic cave zone, i like the music, suits the level well

Sonic 3......... ice cap zone, great levels, lenghty, snowy and a great song.

Sonic and knuckles ooh, a tough one, equal first, sky sanctuary zone and death egg zones

Also in sonic and knuckles the doomsday zone is fantastic.

They pay tribute to doomsday zone in sonic unleashed, those who got near the end know what i mean.

Hehe...that they did. I think it worked better in 2D tho... couldn't tell where i was going once I got to the "bubble"

disolitude said:
Ronster316 said:
Sonic 1............ starlight zone, super fast, super fun

Sonic 2........... mystic cave zone, i like the music, suits the level well

Sonic 3......... ice cap zone, great levels, lenghty, snowy and a great song.

Sonic and knuckles ooh, a tough one, equal first, sky sanctuary zone and death egg zones

Also in sonic and knuckles the doomsday zone is fantastic.

They pay tribute to doomsday zone in sonic unleashed, those who got near the end know what i mean.

Hehe...that they did. I think it worked better in 2D tho... couldn't tell where i was going once I got to the "bubble"

I saw the huge lines of rings in sonic unleashed, problem is i would always spot them too late and miss about 95% of them lol.

Yeah, controlling sonic in 3D and trying to collect rings whilst dodging rocks was troublesome.

And the bubble............ all i can say is........... aaaarrrrgggghhhh lol.

Still, theres some great levels in sonic unleashed.

Defo a step in the right direction.

Smeags said:

Still, you're right in that Marble Hill Zone was a great zone, especially as the level started to morph and mold in Act 2. Good stuff. Man, the music was great too... I might have to give it a playthrough.

I feel like I still haven't actually seen everything thats in Marble Zone.  If you play as tails, its like a totally different level.  There are so many alternate routes you can take and explore.  When you first pop into the stage and you're dropping down that hill... theres a huge ring hidden in there, tons of rings and platforms hidden in there.  It was like, yeah you could just fall, but if you took the time to explore it, there was sooooooo much to be found in what was basically a 5 second freefall.  Like you could spend minutes just in that one area, and its not even 10% of the level.

In all honesty, thats my favorite zone ever and part of my partial dislike of Sonic & Knuckles is that I thought they'd make every zone like that from that point moving forward.

Sega Megadrive/Genesis ultimate collection next month, i can't wait

Sonic 1,2,3 & knuckles

Shinobi 3: return of the ninja master

Streets of rage 1,2 & 3

Happy days are back.

Around the Network
Ronster316 said:

Sonic 1,2,3 & knuckles

Streets of rage 1,2 & 3

Happy days are back.

I have alot of fun but unpleasant memories about SOR3.  That game is a beast.  Its damn near impossible to beat that robot final boss before the timer runs out.  I think he had something cheap where he can like a attack through your attacks and he has unblockables.  I remember me and a friend going hard at that game and still not being able to beat him.

We wouldn't die, but we'd run out of time.  And this was with like 6 lives just playing over and over again... on normal.  That game is a beast.

I can't wait to revisit SOR1 though.  Thats one of my favorite games ever.  Those two chicks always kick my ass though.  I can beat everyone else in the game pretty easily, but they are hell.  Blaze and Adam are like the only ones who can keep up with them.

Mr. sickVisionz said:
Ronster316 said:

Sonic 1,2,3 & knuckles

Streets of rage 1,2 & 3

Happy days are back.

I have alot of fun but unpleasant memories about SOR3.  That game is a beast.  Its damn near impossible to beat that robot final boss before the timer runs out.  I think he had something cheap where he can like a attack through your attacks and he has unblockables.  I remember me and a friend going hard at that game and still not being able to beat him.

We wouldn't die, but we'd run out of time.  And this was with like 6 lives just playing over and over again... on normal.  That game is a beast.

I can't wait to revisit SOR1 though.  Thats one of my favorite games ever.  Those two chicks always kick my ass though.  I can beat everyone else in the game pretty easily, but they are hell.  Blaze and Adam are like the only ones who can keep up with them.

Streets of rage 3 was indeed a tough cookie.

The robot (Neo-X) was a nightmare.

And even if you took the alternate path shiva was a tough SOB too.