By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - WHAT WAS BETTER N64 OR GENESIS

Sylvain316 said:
Go and try to play some old stuff on the genesis. Beside the sonic series, there is no game that we can still play today. On the other side, tink about the 2 zelda game, the wrestling games, goldeneyes and perfect dark, mario kart 64, Mario tennis, Mario 64... I mean, there a huge difference between the librairy. Genesis don't stand the comparaison. The Snes was way better and even the nes was a better system period...

No doubt : N64 all the way

There were many games on the Genesis that are still playable today.  Alien Soldier, Beyond Oasis, Landstalker, Dynamite Headdy, Gunstar Heroes, the best version of Earthworm Jim, Comix Zone, Strider, Ghouls 'N Ghosts, Ranger-X, Landstalker, Phantasy Star 2-4, The Shining Force Games, Vector Man, Castlevania:  Bloodlines.  The Sega-CD games Lunar I and 2, Vay, Popful Mail, and Snatcher.  They compare to the best of the SNES and the best of N64.  And the Genesis had many times the quality games that the N64 had.  Plus if you're a hardcore gamer (I think it is an appropriate term to use here), then the Genesis had by far the harder games.  And, I think many of the 16 bit 2d side scrollers actually hold up better than quite a few of the early 3d platformers from the N64 era if for no other reason, they haven't had such a glut of games in their genre as have the 3d platfomers. 

Heavens to Murgatoids.

Around the Network
disolitude said:
nintendo_fanboy said:
disolitude said:
Adjusted for time inflation. Genesis.

Much better actually as it had every game at the time you wanted to play other than a few Square RPGs, Mario, Zelda and Metroid. Third party support was great on the Genny. N64, not so much.

N64 is a better processor and it had Goldeneye...

You mean, it lacked just about everything I like?

I wouldn't expect any less from someone called "nintendo_fanboy" :)

BTW I played lots of Snes as a kid and I know the Zelda is briliant and Super Metroid is awesome... However, there are genesis games that didn't get as much reckognition that definetly are as good as those games.

Landstalker for example gives Zelda:Link to Past a very good run for its money, yet you've prolly never heard of it.

Comix Zone kicks so much ass, it's ridiculous.

Quem disse que a boca é tua?

Qual é, Dadinho...?

Dadinho é o caralho! Meu nome agora é Zé Pequeno!

Sega Megadrive/Genesis for me.

Streets of rage trilogy.

Shinobi 3: return of the ninja master and Revenge of shinobi

Outrun

Sonic 1, 2 , 3 & Knuckles

Ristar

Comix zone

Golden axe

Castle of illusion

and many many more..............................

you cant compare a 64 bit system to 16, and you cant compare anything to the n64...nothing can even scrape the level of glory that the n64 accomplished ;) sonic rules though, I'll give you that

N64. Still my favourite console ever. It transformed me from a Master System, Mega Drive and Saturn owning Sega fan into a Nintendo supporter.

Around the Network

N64
(>'.')>