By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Let's predict Killzone 2 (first week) sales here

Silly people, we all know with LBP approx 20-30% (as it is from EU) are from bundles, and it was in the holidays season.

Please, for the love of god, do not expect more than 600K as you are in for a major disappointment.

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Around the Network
HappySqurriel said:
Bullet100000 said:
damkira said:

440k first week

1.3m lifetime

This game has more hype than LBP and look where it's at.

Resistance 2 is a highly anticipated sequel to one of the highest quality and best selling PS3 games on the market and was released during the peak game buying season with a massive marketing campaign and (after 10 weeks on the market) has just passed 1.3 Million ...

There's also of factors we have to consider.

Resistance 2 had alot of competition from the likes of Little Big Planet, Fall Out 3 , Prince Of Persia Etc , so this would have most certainly reduced it's ability to shine , Killzone 2 is being release in the famine period I don't think there are any big releases for any platform with the exception of Street Fighter which has declined in popularity.

Killzone 2 has been hyped on the net like crazy and it's likely this will start to affect real life conversation and bring K2 into main streat hype . this game is a huge investment for Sony ; it's not only important the game sells to recoupt it's development cost's but also to send the message Home about the capabilities of the PS3, I seriously dought Sony  would let the 50 million + they invested in this franchise go to waste with shoddy marketing.

But I wouldn't be suprised if it turned out you were more accurate than most.

How much did Resistance 2 sell in its first week? I say around that same amount. I just don't think the PS3 has "teh" FPS console image.

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Neos said:
Silly people, we all know with LBP approx 20-30% (as it is from EU) are from bundles, and it was in the holidays season.

Please, for the love of god, do not expect more than 600K as you are in for a major disappointment.

Please back up your comments with something tangiable , your trying to say 300k PS3's were bundled with LBP in the EU . I live in the EU and haven't seen any mass bundling of the sort.

700-800 First Week, 4.5 Mill LTD.

Around the Network
HappySqurriel said:
Bullet100000 said:
damkira said:

440k first week

1.3m lifetime

This game has more hype than LBP and look where it's at.

Resistance 2 is a highly anticipated sequel to one of the highest quality and best selling PS3 games on the market and was released during the peak game buying season with a massive marketing campaign and (after 10 weeks on the market) has just passed 1.3 Million ...

Resistance 2 did Not have a Massive Marketing Campaign, And the original only sold well because their was not much else to play. Resistance is very Mediocre IMO, And saying Resistance was one of the highest quality games on PS3 is an Insult to MGS4,Uncharted, LBP Tekken 5 DR, Ratchet and clank, WipeoutHD even Heavenly Sword . Plus countless Multiplats like COD, Bioshock, PoP

500k first week. Anybody seriously thinking this game will do nearly a million first week is obviously bonkers

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Well this game has a massive amount of hype but I'm not sure it'll catch on with the mainstream. Although, it is a shooter, so that is always a large possibility. But should have some decent opening week numbers and should be able to last for awhile.

First Week- 750k
Lifetime- 2.0 million

First week: 550k

Lifetime: 2.5 million

600k and will sell around 2.5 million by one year after launch.