By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Art Style is awesome!

Kenryoku_Maxis said:
rubido said:
Kenryoku_Maxis said:
I got Art Style Cubello, and its very addictive. Its like the 3D Metroid level in Tetris DS, though more evolved. Its DEFINITELY worth $6, as you will play it for hours and hours on end. It got like 1-2 bugs, but nothing that will kill your games (mostly, it doesn't spin fast enough sometimes, forcing you to place a block in a place you don't want to in order to make it flip).

But its the bestthing I have gotten on WiiWare yet.

Bug?!?!?! That is not a bug. Some stages are like that.

Not really when you're trying to clear the stage and all you have left are the last 2-3 blocks.  And you keep cycling the same colors over and over again in your clip because the Cubello isn't spinning fast enough and you fear the thing is going to bonk the screen.

No, it isn't a bug.  I gave the wrong term.  Its just how the game is set up because if it spun any faster, the game WOULD give you a game over if you had like 20-30 blocks left over.  I'm just saying, under certain situations, it makes you really worried that you are going to lose because the cubello isn't spinning fast enough to get to the color you want or the right direction.  Especially when you have like 4-5 colors going on one Cubello.

Ahhh... young padawan. Master, you must, the arts of finishing a cubello. :)

For one, you have to place the cubes well when you're about to finish it so that such a thing doesn't happen. It is also better to put it in an incorrect spot then to wait for the correct spot if it is not available.s

The most important part is when you said this: "keep cycling the same colors over and over again in your clip because the Cubello isn't spinning fast". Specially in the end of the game, you shouldn't finish a sequence just because you can. Consider the following situation, you have just a few blocks to finish your cubello but still four colours to go. There are three yellow blocks set up for you to finish the yellow and your next colour is yellow. Should you make the sequence? First, you should look at your queue to see how many more yellow blocks you have. If you have one other, I would put it in a spot in which you don't form the sequence, but you can form a five block sequence with your next yellow. There will be no more yellow blocks around the cubello or in the queue, so you've sucessfully eliminated a colour.

I'm saying this because you mentioned you have a problem finishing your cubello after you have a few colours in it. After I learned how to finish it, I would never lose after I got to that point in the game. Hope this helps. ;)

Around the Network
ramuji said:
Pretendo said:
I have Decode for DSiWare. It's great.
(>'.')>

I have Decode, too. I love the concept, but I find it rather difficult. Maybe my brain just doesn't process numbers very well.

Yeah, Puzzle Mode is insane.

(>'.')>

Has anyone finished all 50 stages of Orbient? I'm in the low 30's right now it gets damn tough if you ask me.

I'm in the high 30's... quite hard if you ask me.

jimbo said:
Has anyone finished all 50 stages of Orbient? I'm in the low 30's right now it gets damn tough if you ask me.

Yeah, I cleared it. The second ending doesn't have that vague horror that the first ending had.

Working on finishing all the levels in Cubello. Is there anything past 6-F?

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Around the Network
famousringo said:
jimbo said:

Yeah, I cleared it. The second ending doesn't have that vague horror that the first ending had.

Nope. 6-F is the final one. Then all you can do is try to get the highest score in the endless stage. I got second place, but not first yet.

I haven't finished Orbient yet. How do you unlock the second ending? By capturing all moons?

rubido said:
famousringo said:
jimbo said:

Nope. 6-F is the final one. Then all you can do is try to get the highest score in the endless stage. I got second place, but not first yet.

I haven't finished Orbient yet. How do you unlock the second ending? By capturing all moons?

Nothing that brutal.

When you finish the first set of galaxies, you unlock a couple bonus galaxies which are even more challenging. If you can beat them all, you get to watch the credits all over again, but with music that doesn't make you feel like you're on the wrong side of an event horizon.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.