By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Which one will sell more: Killzone II or Halo Wars?

Killzone II has a massive hype and a mediocre predecessor, but it obviously seems to be better then the first one.

Halo Wars has an excellent developer (Ensemble Studios) and the Halo license.

For me it's a tie with trend to Halo Wars.

What do you think?

"In the absence of the gold standard, there is no way to protect savings from confiscation through inflation. There is no safe store of value..."

Alan Greenspan, 1967

Around the Network

Halo Wars

brandname

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Killzone II has got to sell more. The money spent for this title is insane. I don't know hard numbers but I guess this title needs to sell 1.5 million just to be profitable. 4 years of developing and advertising is expensive.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

i will say halo wars cos its HALO, though both could end up selling badly if they dont live up to the insane amount of hype, especially K2.

Killzone 2, is a shooter guys...

Around the Network

Even thae massively hyped Resistence 2 could only pullout about a million over the holiday season! Halo Wars has millions of Halo fans behind it and could potentially pull many Starcraftor Dawn of WAR FANS IN THE Mean time. If Killzone 2 is a success, then Too Human 2 will be a blockbuster.

Dont be so harsh TacoBoy . lol!!!!!

1000 posts!!!

TacoBoy49 said:
Even thae massively hyped Resistence 2 could only pullout about a million over the holiday season! Halo Wars has millions of Halo fans behind it and could potentially pull many Starcraftor Dawn of WAR FANS IN THE Mean time. If Killzone 2 is a success, then Too Human 2 will be a blockbuster.

That was all that was needed for me to agree with your post.

Why anyone thinks K2 can do better than R2 is beyond me, because its a better game? R2 is a great game from what I have heard ... high 80's is a solid mark, so will the average consumer really know/think K2 is better than R2?

With Christmas just gone, people won't be shelling out as much money, they could still be enthralled with R2 and COD, and not feel the need to get yet another shooter.

Its not christmas ... R2 had that ... K2 won't.

Its going up against a Halo game and although they are different consoles and different genreas PS360 owner could well choose HW over K2

After that said, I still think K2 can put up decent numbers ... as always though like certain fans like to make out, its not going to be a walk in the park.

Killzone2 . It would be embarrassing for sony if halo wars comes even close . Of course sony fanboys always set the standards really low , for anything ps3 and sales related , so that they can see success in everything .

@ seece

R2 had big competition, especially with COD5, Killzone has basically none.
R2 had little advertising, Killzone 2 should potentailly have more.
Killzone 2 is a far more publisised game, its more well known and heard about.
Killzone 2 is a better game with more quality.