By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Which one will sell more: Killzone II or Halo Wars?

I think maybe Halo Wars will have good sales at the beginning due to its massive fanbase, but i feel that Killzone 2 will outsell it in the end.

Around the Network

i have no idea!

I think killzone 2 will sell better but it will be very close.
Halo is an established franchise and I think that will be the game's main pulling power but ES fans don't want to play a RTS game on a cruddy console and halo fans want to play shooter games and probably aren't interested in a RTS game for a console. However, the 360 also has a bigger userbase than the ps3...
killzone 2 will probably sell well because of the the relatively little competition in Feb, the sheer polish of the game, and the fact that it's a shooter. If it does live up to the hype and word of mouth spreads then the game could go on to selling very well indeed.

Either way I'm interested to see the sales of both - I think killzone 2 has a better chance of 'taking off'.

Halo Wars for sure, brand name is a serious thing but I do expect a lot of used copies on shelves soon after release. RTS on consoles......no.

Killzone 2 without a doubt it has a much bigger hype. and i think a lot of people don't want to take the risk to pay 60 dollars for a spin off title. besides it's a genre that's pretty new on the console, i mean i never heard someone talking about how great BFME 2 was on there xbox360.

Around the Network

Halo Wars. Like others in this thread, I'm having a hard time seeing why KZ2 would outperform Resistance 2. Not trying to be a hater, I just don't see it.

An RTS vs a FPS? Seriously, Halo Wars wouldn't outsell Killzone 2 if a blow up Master Chief doll was included with the game. Well, maybe it would. But just because it has Halo in the title doesn't change the fact that its an RTS.

My guess is Halo Wars as long as the devs don't fuck it up. But it's ensemble, so they probably wont

it doesn't matter if Halo wars is rubbish or not, it has the Halo brand, and a massive install base to exploit. it will sell more than Killzone 2, even if Killzone is the best game seen this generation.

Atari 2600, Sega Mega Drive, Game Boy, Game Boy Advanced, N64, Playstation, Xbox, PSP Phat, PSP 3000, and PS3 60gb (upgraded to 320gb), NDS

Linux Ubuntu user

Favourite game: Killzone 3

yeah but stil it's a f****** RTS for console i'm instantly not intrested anymore and i love Halo but i'm no fan of RTS on consoles