By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Official Killzone 2 Thread

IllegalPaladin said:
I'm hoping that the multiplayer has been tweaked and polished. The beta was pretty fun and it's been kind of difficult to go to other multiplayer games now.

However, issues like team balancing, frame rate, and lag made the beta frustrating at times.

If these things have been fixed, I might just have to scrap some money together and grab it as soon as possible.

Team balancing could be turned on in the beta, it was one of the options.  Most people like to be able to choose their team, though.

I never had any problems with lag and rarely any freamrate issues.

Around the Network
makingmusic476 said:
SMcc1887 said:
This game keeps looking better and better. What do you all think IGN will give it? I think 9.3

They gave Resistance 2 a 9.5. This better score higher. =|

Why?  R2 has splitscreen and 8-player online co-op, not to mention 64-player battles.

forcwindbane said:
IllegalPaladin said:
I'm hoping that the multiplayer has been tweaked and polished. The beta was pretty fun and it's been kind of difficult to go to other multiplayer games now.

However, issues like team balancing, frame rate, and lag made the beta frustrating at times.

If these things have been fixed, I might just have to scrap some money together and grab it as soon as possible.

Team balancing could be turned on in the beta, it was one of the options.  Most people like to be able to choose their team, though.

I never had any problems with lag and rarely any freamrate issues.

I know, but it wasn't a requirement. I would say team balancing should be forced on if you're going to have a ranked server. Of course, balanding the map design can help too (like the Helghast spawn exits in Radec Academy and Blood Gracht). I'd rather not have the beta repeat itself where there would be 10 Helghast vs 22 ISA.

Lag problems probably stemmed from people from a certain region playing in a different region. Especially throughout the second phase of the beta, it would take at least a second before any of my shots actually connected to a target. Too many times there would be dual kill (I take out somebody and they take out me at about the same time). There was also numerous times where I'd hit somebody a lot of times, they'd turn around and kill me, and then they'd die from my shots a second or two later (rarely it could take up to 10 seconds later).

As for the frame rate..... 32 players in Blood Gracht and the Radec Academy level could make the frame rate sluggish.

----

Also, if you remember the Helghast eyes vs the ISA blue lights, it looks like the ISA's lights have been made a lot brighter and it shows a new map (the desert?).

http://www.gamekings.tv/index/videos/minidocu-killzone-2-special-part-3/

(look around the 12:30 mark)

http://www.eurogamer.net/videos/exclusive-killzone-gameplay-pt-2?size=large

:D

windbane said:
makingmusic476 said:
SMcc1887 said:
This game keeps looking better and better. What do you all think IGN will give it? I think 9.3

Why?  R2 has splitscreen and 8-player online co-op, not to mention 64-player battles.

I'm not sure how you felt during the beta, but Killzone 2's multiplayer was a far more enjoyable experience for me than Resistance 2's multiplayer.

Quality > quantity.

Around the Network

KZ2 WILL BE HUGE!!! (Metacritic wise)

makingmusic476 said:
windbane said:
makingmusic476 said:
SMcc1887 said:

I'm not sure how you felt during the beta, but Killzone 2's multiplayer was a far more enjoyable experience for me than Resistance 2's multiplayer.

Quality > quantity.

lol, I entered a Resistance 2 match a couple weeks ago and I noticed that there was a lack of enemies and this was a full 60 player game too. Upon looking at the map, the ENTIRE enemy team had gotten themselves stuck outside the map (Orik, California).

I'm thinking it was one or a couple of people who first found their way outside the map, then more and more people were respawned with them until the entire team was outisde.

Anyway, I would agree, I found the Killzone 2 beta to be more enjoyable than Resistance 2's multiplayer.

Garnett said:
KZ2 WILL BE HUGE!!! (Metacritic wise)

let's hope so,,,casue i can totally see reviewrs nitpicking this game like no others.

THIS GAME WILL BE AWESOME!!!

makingmusic476 said:
windbane said:
makingmusic476 said:
SMcc1887 said:

Why? R2 has splitscreen and 8-player online co-op, not to mention 64-player battles.

Quality > quantity.

I thought they were both quality in different ways. The co-op is only 8 players but there's nothing else like it. But hey, to each his own...

I will say that for team deathmatch, Killzone 2 is better.