By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - MS Fires Back At Sony's Recent Add-Ons Statement.

I would like to add: Ya people might not want a WiFi, but the ones that do have to pay $100 for it?...

I think it's time MS lowers the price on some add-ons, or give some 3rd party companies some options.

Microsoft: Peddling Add-Ons Works For Us

Sony recently called out Microsoft and Nintendo for having consoles that require add-ons in order to offer the total package. Now Xbox 360 group PR manager David Dennis responds, and fires right back.

Speaking to Edge, Dennis offered his response to Sony's add-on peddling claims, much like Xbox 360 group product manager Andrew Greenberg did during CES, only a bit more pointedly now that NPD numbers have been released.

"Our strategy from the beginning was to have multiple SKUs with a very flexible offering so the customer can choose the experience that they want. If you don't need a hard drive, you're not forced to have one. If you don't need Wi-Fi, you're not forced to pay for one."

Well that certainly makes a fair amount of sense, didn't it? But adressing the issue just wasn't enough. Dennis went on to fire a shot back across Sony's bow.

"The strategy of having a console that is $200 more expensive that has features that people don't potentially need or want but have to pay for—looking at [Sony's] sales numbers—I'd say it's probably not the winning strategy at this point, especially given the current economic situation."

It's beginning to look a lot like a brewing forum flame war, but I won't call it until they start including LOLcat pictures in their press alerts.

Microsoft Stands By Add-On Strategy
[Edge] <---- Read the rest here

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

Around the Network

EPIC FAIL

CAN ANYONE POST SOMETHING SIGNIFICANT?

Ignore me, I can't follow the rules.

(mod edit -Sqrl)

Currently waiting on : killzone 2 and everything else after it..day one purchase baby

This will not end well.........(runs for the hills)

go microsoft!!!

This makes me think of 2 small children yelling at each other for no reason....

Former something....

Around the Network

ooo this is eating u lol fun

- EDIT - I'm sorry, but wtf was I trying to say here?

Is like a battlefield.... Sony launches a retaliation strike right after a crushing holiday defeat, only to be bombarded by Microsoft! Classic! :P

Guitar Hero 3/ Smash Hits

Its like two kids fighting over chewing gum

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Hilarious. But MS some people do need those things and charging 100 for wi fi for a service that is pay to play is fubar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

ROTFL. I love how MS is just calling out Sony. For them to have any kind of lead over Sony - and extend it - this gen is just impressive.