By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Yahoo to masses: Don't buy a PS3 til April

yahoo is competing with Greenberg for "best noisemaker"

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Around the Network

well to be fair it's saying don't buy both 360 and PS3 since both will have price drops.

well, yahoo just screwed sony over BAD

Despite the PS3 fans objections to this, I agree. Don't even think of buying a PS3 until April. For one, 399 is overpriced and it's not worth it. For two, the chance of saving 100 US dollars is worth waiting 2 months for.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Been Posted Already, about 4 days ago.

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

Around the Network
ZenfoldorVGI said:
Despite the PS3 fans objections to this, I agree. Don't even think of buying a PS3 until April. For one, 399 is overpriced and it's not worth it. For two, the chance of saving 100 US dollars is worth waiting 2 months for.

Speak for yourself.

I don't even think sony will cut the price at all an if they do, it will be $50 max. Isn't it the same company with new financial problems on the front page of vgc everyday? How are they going to cover such a huge price drop? Perhaps they'll borrow money from M$ right? Pachter is full of shit, I can't understand why people still listen to his "analyses"

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

sega4life said:

Been Posted Already, about 4 days ago.

You can remove this post or I can ask mods to remove it.

More than likely the PS3 price isn't going anywhere this year.

ssj12 said:
it wont happen unless the CELL and RSX are both 55 or 45nm.

march.

ZenfoldorVGI said:

??? What do you mean $399 is overpriced, think about what your getting. Whats really overpriced is an xbox 360. Sure it starts at $200, but you'll end up spending so much on it, it becomes soo expensive.

Xbox accesories are the most overpriced things I've ever since in my entire life. Especially the wifi adapter. $100 just for a wifi adapter?!? Its just crazy. If Sony made a stripped down basic version of the ps3, like the arcade, it would be extremely cheap, and attract a lot of people looking for blu ray.

It would be cool if Sony put a 64gb SSD instead of an 80gb hard drive, just my opinion. I took out the hard drive and put in an 32gb SSD which cost me $80. I noticed performance increases in various places.