By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Yahoo to masses: Don't buy a PS3 til April

Bitmap Frogs said:
NJ5 said:

No idea, but then I found this:

http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=57226

Oh woah, backpedaling am pachter. Guess someone talked to him.

What a turd gurgler, he's already said it and now its become fact.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Around the Network
Bitmap Frogs said:
NJ5 said:

And now, Sony fans will put off buying PS3 for a price drop that is never going to come. Another Sony letdown, which is what people will be thinking.

I don't know if Sony will cut price during Spring, as while for doing it later, before Xmas 2009, there are mostly pros, for anticipating it to Spring pros and cons are very mixed, with some cons quite clear and some pros reasonable but not fully defined. But all these sources supposedly authoritative we're reading here and there about a cut in April or June are actually self-referential: in the end, directly or not THEY ARE ALL QUOTING PACHTER AS ORIGINAL SOURCE.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Alby_da_Wolf said:
I don't know if Sony will cut price during Spring, as while for doing it later, before Xmas 2009, there are mostly pros, for anticipating it to Spring pros and cons are very mixed, with some cons quite clear and some pros reasonable but not fully defined. But all these sources supposedly authoritative we're reading here and there about a cut in April or June are actually self-referential: in the end, directly or not THEY ARE ALL QUOTING PACHTER AS ORIGINAL SOURCE.

Welcome to modern journalism. Quotes from any idiot that will give them, its all valid news apparently.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Bitmap Frogs said:
NJ5 said:

His mother did!

Around the Network

Threatening naughty kids with no TV and no Sunday pastries (now that I'm not a devout kid anymore, nevertheless I still miss the stop at the confectioner's after the Mass ) always works

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

radha said:
i ahve seen microsoft make this kind of campaign before, they are nasty

It's indeed all the fault of Microsoft and the press. Keep up the realism.

While we're wildly speculating on motives for this article, I'll throw in my 2 cents.

This is obviously a story secretly promoted by Sony. Why? Here is their secret plan:

1. Spread rumors via the press that the price will drop in a few months.
2. Sales will immediately drop, reducing the losses Sony is experiencing due to the weak dollar and euro.
3. If the dollar and euro don't recover by April, then PS3 sales remain low due to disappointment when the rumored price drop doesn't occur. If the dollar and euro do recover by April, Sony drops the prices and repressed Sony fans everywhere buy massive amounts of the less costly hardware.
4. In either scenario, Sony has delayed losing money via high PS3 sales, their component costs are now lower, and they can make money on each unit sold.

It's just obvious, right?

Almost forgot... Promised/ rumored price drops affect the competition as some consumers who were preparing to "settle" for the cheaper system will now hold off purchasing in the hope their preferred system will be more affordable.

Yeah ps3 sales are going to suck for awhile im saying 100-110k ww weekly it will b interesting to C how bog the boost will be wen the ps3 price cut happens since so many will hold off on buying one and how long will the ps3 outsell the 360 for after it gets 2 299$ thats something to ponder....

Play Me