By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Metroid Prime Wiimake

Never played prime 1 only 2 and 3 so i'll pick this up for sure

Around the Network

never played it on gamecube but played Prime 3 so yes, I am picking it up.

"Pier was a chef, a gifted and respected chef who made millions selling his dishes to the residents of New York City and Boston, he even had a famous jingle playing in those cities that everyone knew by heart. He also had a restaurant in Los Angeles, but not expecting LA to have such a massive population he only used his name on that restaurant and left it to his least capable and cheapest chefs. While his New York restaurant sold kobe beef for $100 and his Boston restaurant sold lobster for $50, his LA restaurant sold cheap hotdogs for $30. Initially these hot dogs sold fairly well because residents of los angeles were starving for good food and hoped that the famous name would denote a high quality, but most were disappointed with what they ate. Seeing the success of his cheap hot dogs in LA, Pier thought "why bother giving Los Angeles quality meats when I can oversell them on cheap hotdogs forever, and since I don't care about the product anyways, why bother advertising them? So Pier continued to only sell cheap hotdogs in LA and was surprised to see that they no longer sold. Pier's conclusion? Residents of Los Angeles don't like food."

"The so-called "hardcore" gamer is a marketing brainwashed, innovation shunting, self-righteous idiot who pays videogame makers far too much money than what is delivered."

I won't pick it up because I own it for the Cube. But I might rent it for a playthrough. MP3 left me torn. On the one hand, the controls were amazing (yanking back with the grappling beam was one of the greatest gaming sensations I've ever had) but to be honest, the game just didn't have the level design, atmosphere or artistic design of Prime. I love Prime... It's perfect in every single stinking way.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

stof said:
I won't pick it up because I own it for the Cube. But I might rent it for a playthrough. MP3 left me torn. On the one hand, the controls were amazing (yanking back with the grappling beam was one of the greatest gaming sensations I've ever had) but to be honest, the game just didn't have the level design, atmosphere or artistic design of Prime. I love Prime... It's perfect in every single stinking way.

stof, I have to disagree with you. Metroid Prime 3: Corruption had an amazing artistic design. It can especially be seen on Bryyo. Also, introducing Samus' ship in the gameplay part of the game was probably the most brilliant thing Retro has done to the Metroid series. It also did what it had to do, meaning changing the narrative in Metroid games. Honestly, I want more "Metroid Fusion style" stories in my Metroids! Need. More. Federation stuff!

Retro Studios outdid themselves!

I have to say this though, the final hours in Metroid Prime are definitely more epic than MP3:C's.

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

I dont own MP1, so yes, i shall buy it

Around the Network

I only have MP3 and I really liked it, so yea I will buy both if they come to Europe.

"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

Everybody should buy Super Metroid on virtual console : one of the best metroid in the series...

SHMUPGurus said:
stof said:

stof, I have to disagree with you. Metroid Prime 3: Corruption had an amazing artistic design. It can especially be seen on Bryyo. Also, introducing Samus' ship in the gameplay part of the game was probably the most brilliant thing Retro has done to the Metroid series. It also did what it had to do, meaning changing the narrative in Metroid games. Honestly, I want more "Metroid Fusion style" stories in my Metroids! Need. More. Federation stuff!

Retro Studios outdid themselves!

I have to say this though, the final hours in Metroid Prime are definitely more epic than MP3:C's.

I have to agree with SHMUPGurus here, 3 had some really great places to explore, Brygo pretty much covered all the terrian types that were in MP1, and really only the Ice felt skimpked out. Elysia was great I loved the place, it was so different from anything in 1 or 2, it was very soothing. Urtagia was cool too, it was kinda like the Phazon Mines, but a bit longer and well, more creepy.

Also I much preffered the flying to planets system over the Overworld system of 1.

Now what i think 1 has over 3 is the advantage of being 1st. I felt like the upgrades were a bit better, for 1 you had 4 beams, and you switched between them, in 3 you have 3 and they stacked. Also, it was kinda cool starting with no abilities and having to get the space boots and even the charge beam.

But again 3 was also better in the fact you had at least SOME interaction with other humaniods. I pretty sure I dont remember Samus EVER being talked to in the first one.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

No; I preferred the controls of the first two games. Plus the fact that MP3 wasn't (in my opinion) Metroid enough.

I will buy the Pikmin Wiimake, unless Pikmin 3 will be released within the same year as that.

on yea,

I will buy MP2 most likely for the Wii, I never beat it for the GC, I have already beaten MP twice, so I see no need to rebuy it (I also still have it for my GC)

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut