By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EA to distribute Wheel of Time Games...

WHOA...

Okay for those who DON'T know about WOT series, it's the most remarkable fantasy series since LOTR was release, imho.  My journey in the world of Robert Jordan (may his blessed soul rest in peace) has been one of EXTREME highs and lows.  The series is simply the most detailed and gripping series I've ever read, so in seeing this news about games being released to be release makes me nervous.  It's going to be interesting to see what they come up with:

http://redeaglegames.net/

http://kotaku.com/5131908/ea-partners-to-distribute-wheel-of-time-games

I'm excited as heck about it, even if very nervous.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Around the Network

I hope they can make it good. It has tons of potential. Although I expect it will be a bunch of shit akin to the EA Harry Potter and LOTR's games. I hope I'm wrong.

lincese games are rarely good, but WOT has lots of potential meybe they won't screw up

I have such mixed feelings about the Wheel of Time series ... The first 6 (or so) books were so good and then it seemed to go off track, at times Robert Jordan is writing so much about what the women are wearing that I thought I was reading a fantasy fashion magazine ... I'm not saying the later books were bad, just not as good as it started.

The series started off great, then lost its way. You should try George R. R. Martin instead.

the2bears - the indie shmup blog
Around the Network
HappySqurriel said:

I have such mixed feelings about the Wheel of Time series ... The first 6 (or so) books were so good and then it seemed to go off track, at times Robert Jordan is writing so much about what the women are wearing that I thought I was reading a fantasy fashion magazine ... I'm not saying the later books were bad, just not as good as it started.

I got basically the same sense: it's as if he was smoking toxic amounts of peyote while channeling the spirit of James Fenimore Cooper, then he got into an argument with Cooper about who could churn out more pages filled with nothing but mind-numbing details about attire, environs, etc. Honestly, I'm not sure who won because I gave up on Jordan long, long ago just as I gave up on The Last of the Mohicans for the more stimulating world of competitive paint drying.

I admit the books in the middle started to lose there way, but think the last 2 put the series back on track.

the2bears said:
The series started off great, then lost its way. You should try George R. R. Martin instead.

I did...tried to read the first book, but it didn't click with me.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Could be great; there's a lot of potential for a game there. Unfortunately, (as it is hinted at), I think it will end up being an MMO, which kind of automatically rules out a lot of the innovation and originality that, if present, could capitalize on said potential.

As in, it's not the idea of being some generic Aes Sedai going around level grinding that excites me. Playing through the story as Rand, Mat, Egwene, Perrin, and all the other central characters in a heavily story-driven game is what would sell this for me.

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.

They had an old WoT PC game (which I own). It was "ok" for it's time. I'd be interested into where these go because I'm a big fan of the book series.

I used to play a (now defunkt) old WoT MUD for about 4-5 years.  Those were intesesting times lol.

Completed X360:
High Def Movie Collection