By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Monster Hunter G Wii is not coming to North America, features pay-to-play online

You’ll have to get it from an import shop. Neither MHG or that controller is coming to the US. - Christian Svensson, Capcom Corporate Officer/VP of Strategic Planning & Business Development

Link

Around the Network

i dont think MH3 will come to NA

..b..b..but why?!

Ehh, I guess I should have expected that...hopefully Monster Hunter 3 will get to the NA at least...

Explanation of sig:

I am a Pakistani.....my name is Dan....how hard is that? (Don't ask about the 101...apparantely there are more of me out there....)

Damn.

^Click on cards to level'em up!!!^ =D

idk, capcom keeps changing their plans for MH3

Around the Network

Makes sense. MH is not an established brand here and very few would be willing to pay a monthly fee to play a PS2 port of an old game here in NA. Sales would be lacklaster and probably not worth the effort to set up the online network for NA/Others.

I guess they could leave online out but who wants the Wii to have a gimped version of a PS2 game?

i can understand why they won't bring monster hunter G to the us, MH3 will come though.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Soriku said:
That sucks.

MH3 will come to NA though.

it keeps changing

first they said they will advertise it alot

then in the most recent vid on GT, they said they are still unsure if it will be released outside of japan

why yes i do

I understand why it's not coming to the West (you Americans think the world revolves around America, there's also a thing called Europe you know).

However, pay to play online? Who would want to do that? As I recall, the PS2 version was free online, and that was ages ago. I'm afraid MH3 will be pay-to-play too, which would mean there's no way in hell I'm going to get that game.