By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gaming and Political Persuasion

Ok...this topic is going to get locked quick. I'm just wondering if the choice about political parties and the choice about consoles are related. So I'm asking everyone to state their main console of choice in this next generation...and their political preference. I would like to use an artificial number system to determine how much for a political party you are. the system will be from 1-100, with numbers 1-49 being democrat( left) , 50 being in between, and 51-100 being republican (right). For instance, if you are very republican, you might put 90. If you are more than slightly in favor of the democrats' ideals you would put 40. Hopefully this isn't confusing, nor does it become an angry thread. I will begin. Wii.. 20

Around the Network

I'm an Albertan ... Effectively there is only one political party I can choose ... I own a Wii

HappySqurriel said: I'm an Albertan ... Effectively there is only one political party I can choose ... I own a Wii
AAAHHHH!!! *pulls cover over head to hide from the Ralph Klein under my bed* You crazy Oil drinking, Cattle ranching, slot machine pulling, Rocky mountain climbing...*scratches head to think of other Albertan stereotypes*... giant mall loving conservative! I'm an NDP'er. To help the Americans, If the U.S. had a system where third parties could actually get seats in the house, we'd be Ralph Nader's party And I own an Xbox, and want a DS and Wii.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

HappySqurriel said: I'm an Albertan ... Effectively there is only one political party I can choose ... I own a Wii stof said: AAAHHHH!!! *pulls cover over head to hide from the Ralph Klein under my bed* You crazy Oil drinking, Cattle ranching, slot machine pulling, Rocky mountain climbing...*scratches head to think of other Albertan stereotypes*... giant mall loving conservative! I'm an NDP'er. To help the Americans, If the U.S. had a system where third parties could actually get seats in the house, we'd be Ralph Nader's party And I own an Xbox, and want a DS and Wii.
Come on ... Ralph was classic... For those that don't know too much about King Ralph: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ralph_Klein
Wikipedia A problem drinker, Klein, under the influence, once verbally abused homeless people at an Edmonton-area shelter. After the incident, Klein reportedly sought to end his alcoholism, which had once been regarded as a sort of amusing, harmless quirk by many Albertans.
The incident was that Ralphy walked into a homeless shelter, threw money around and shouted at the homeless people to "get a Job." In his defence (sort of) Alberta has had the lowest unemployment rate in Canada for a very long time and the only reason a person was homeless at the time was because they had serious mental problems ... The funny thing is that most Albertans thought he made a better leader when he was drunk ...
Wikipedia During a charity roast on November 9 2006, Klein made a lewd joke at the expense of former Conservative Member of Parliament Belinda Stronach: "I wasn't surprised that she crossed over to the Liberals. I don't think she ever did have a Conservative bone in her body. Well, maybe one. [Referring to Peter MacKay, her former boyfriend who is a member of the Conservative Party of Canada ]" Klein refused to apologize for the remark stating that "a roast is a roast is a roast is a roast."
http://mapleleafweb.com/education/spotlight/issue_57/issues.html Ralph Klein brought up the AISH program at a campaign rally in Calgary, within the campaign’s first week, telling party supporters that his government would weed out un-deserving recipients. He then went on to tell the rally about two women he had met at an event who had identified themselves as AISH recipients. Klein then made the following remarks: “And they were yipping about AISH payments...” “They didn't look severely handicapped to me. I'll tell you that for sure. Both had cigarettes dangling from their mouths, and cowboy hats.”

I would be off that chart. I am neither. I am independent. 22. PS3, PSP, DS, DS, Wii. (I have 2 DS... not DS lite)

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Around the Network

I believe NeoGaf had a similar thread. They stated that most video game owners were left-leaning, with Nintendo owners leaning left the most, followed by Sony then Xbox, but only in slight numbers.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Is there a link, Stickball? Those results are what I would have expected, but I'd really like to see them. Not that any of it matters. Just idle curioisty. Thanks.

super_etecoon said: Is there a link, Stickball? Those results are what I would have expected, but I'd really like to see them. Not that any of it matters. Just idle curioisty. Thanks.
I suspect that if you controlled for age and property ownership you'd find that gamers were pretty representative of the general population ... Age because younger people tend to be more idealistic (which would lead to people being more liberal) Property ownership because home-owners tend to be more worried about taxes (which would lead to people being more conservative)

Unfortunately, I cannot find the thread - either I am entering the wrong search words, or something of that nature. But really, what it came down to was the median age of the system owners went in the same way their political orientation went Younger ones went with Nintendo>Sony>MS which was the same as political orientation. Since it was worldwide, many Europeans participated, which caused a stronger-than-normal (atleast if it was a US/Canada-only poll) shift to the left. But at any rate, it pretty much shifted with general population trends. Older people owned Xboxes (on average), and were more conservative. Younger ones owned Nintendo products and were slightly (by maybe 10%) more liberal than the Xbox owners on the other side. Sony was in the middle.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Happy Squrriel.. just please, PLEASE! tell me you didn't vote for the guy. *puppy eyes* please.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.