By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Nintendo European Hardware LTD & 2008 YTD

/EDIT

Around the Network
mehm said:
TWRoO said:
And where did those figures come from?

Norway is around 125k for the Wii, but Norway has the lowest population of the 4 major Scandanavian countries.... it is in between 1/5th and 1/6th in terms of population, but I would have thought Denmark and Sweden also buy more consoles per person too. (especially given the early supply issues are sorted out in the larger countries first

I know it isn't an accurate way to do it, but it seems odd that the whole of Scandanavia has sold fewer than 5-6 times that of Norway (625-750k).

Even worse for the DS... which is roughly 260k in Norway, but for some reason according to you, not even 4X that for the whole of Scandanavia?

----

I would rather wait for BKK2 to give figures, because I think you may have missed out 1 of the Scandanavian countries with those figures.

yes, you are right. Finland isn't included, but that country is one of the few that is still not Nintendo-friendly as the Wii is in last place and the DS is not selling that well too. But with Finland the figures should be a bit higher, maybe 1,1 million for the DS and 600k for the Wii. The figures above btw are from Bergsala, the distributor of Nintendo Systems over there.

Ah, ok. But there is more than just 1 distributor for Scandanavia.... so is this distibutor estimating the sales of the others?

Why would there be more than one distributorin one region? Doesn't make any sense to me. Just searched and couldn't find any other than Bergsala. Care to name the others? Even if there are others, Bergsala would have estimated them as well. Would be very confusing to just get figures from one distributor.

Nintendo Distributors:

Denmark: Bergsala Denmark
Finland: Amo Oy
Norway: Bergsala AB
Sweden: Bergsala AB

I saw in this link that they sold 300k Wii in Nordic region last year, do you have a link to the other figures you posted?

It was mummelman in another thread quoting Norwegian figures, and said that DS and PSP in particular were hazy because there are different distributors.

@BKK... what region is "Nordic"? does that include all 4 countries? (or all 5 with Iceland?)

Around the Network
BKK2 said:
I saw in this link that they sold 300k Wii in Nordic region last year, do you have a link to the other figures you posted?

It's from an email from Bergsala.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=348637&highlight=scandinavia

@TWroO:

Well, of course two different systems from two different companies have different distributors. Bergsala distributes only Nintendo systems.

TWRoO said:

@BKK... what region is "Nordic"? does that include all 4 countries? (or all 5 with Iceland?)

Usually, but seeing as Bergsala aren't the distributor in Finland then on this occasion it excludes Finland. Bergsala also distribute in Iceland, but with a population of 300k it's not of much significance.

Ok, well if you take off Australia and others (for sure not Europe)

The Wii is overtracked by 800k, but we dont know what there numbers are reffering to, in Europe is kinda vague.

edit- it would be closer to 500k, I was counting 09 sales the first time.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

mehm said:
BKK2 said:

It's from an email from Bergsala.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=348637&highlight=scandinavia

@TWroO:

Well, of course two different systems from two different companies have different distributors. Bergsala distributes only Nintendo systems.

Thanks, should be shipments considering the figure is coming from the distributor, we sometimes get the same for Playstation from Nordisk Film.

mehm said:

Uhh, why are you guys seeking for awkward excuses of why the numbers here are far off? For example the DS is now at 950k in Scandinavia (at the end of 08) and VGchartz has it at 2,1 million. It's crystal clear that both systems are overtracked, no need for weird explanations.

If anybody is interested, here are the latest Scandinavian figures:

2008:
Wii - 300,000
DS - 349,000

LTD:
Wii - 530,000
DS - 950,000

Dont worry about it, you'll eventually get used to this kind of thing

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot