By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Dear Internet: Quit Overhyping Killzone 2

Well all i can say about the game is the multi is very good.

assumption is the mother of all f**k ups 

Around the Network

Can't people let others hype their games and let it stay at that? Sometimes I think fans of consoles other than Sony's worry about this game more. Me hyping KZ2 or someone else here hyping KZ2 doesn't effect any individuals life here. Let it be and allow people to be excited for this game if they so choose.

Look, we all know the hype Halo 3 recieved, hell it even got its own Mountain Dew (Game Fuel), giant billboards, etc... and it still managed to turn out alright. It sold many copies, won innovation awards, etc...

Why is it so wrong this time?

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

It is okay to hype a game but the problem I have with hype on this site is with this endless stream of PS3 games which PS3 fans think will all of a sudden raise PS3 sales above those of Wii. Always wait till Game X comes out and it seems Killzone 2 is next on that list. PS3 fans that are expecting this to be the console's saviour (sales wise) are setting themselves up for disappointment and ridicule.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

only thing i hate about the hype is its still 6 weeks from release. save the hype for 2 weeks before release

Euphoria14:
It's wrong becuse its a PS3 game. We'r not allowed to hype our games. If it doesnt sell like Halo 3 och Gears 2 there isent any point. So let's sit back and just concentrate on forgetting Killzone 2.

And the guy who made this thread, with that avatar, how can you expect people to take you seriously and not take you for a pure xbox-fanboy? Because, i can't remember that i read that Halo 3 or Gears 2 cured cancer. Would be great though.

Around the Network

This is lame.. talk about overhyped, Halo 3 was internet, tv, food hype etc!! I didnt want to order at pizza hut or buy a mountain dew cuz they had freakin Master Cheif face on it! now thats overhyped! unless you're bias and only allow selected games of your choosing to be overhyped.

im glad killzone2 is 'overhyped'. it got all the xbox fanboys that said the E3 trailer back in 2005 was only a movie to shut up.

The first comment to that link says the same guy gave a 10/10 to Gears of War 2.

I guess it's okay when he wants to hype something, but everybody else..... you all better watch out.

Whatever though, I'm waiting for when I can finally play the game online again. I kind of miss the beta.

i agree its getting to much hype, it will never live up to the level its being placed at ...i see another possible lair

Wow, those comments on that site are a train wreck.

The PS3 fanboys over there are an embarrassment.

tuoyo said:
It is okay to hype a game but the problem I have with hype on this site is with this endless stream of PS3 games which PS3 fans think will all of a sudden raise PS3 sales above those of Wii. Always wait till Game X comes out and it seems Killzone 2 is next on that list. PS3 fans that are expecting this to be the console's saviour (sales wise) are setting themselves up for disappointment and ridicule.

I think it's just people like you translating hype into sales expectations. The only ones expecting this game to be the PS3's saviour are Wii/360 fans just so they can be ready to call it a flop no matter how well it does commercially.