By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How the hell was this ever controversial?!

The Zelda thing just show how Nintendo is damned if they do and damned if they don't. Wind Waker drew flak because fanboys wanted a true OoT successor, so Nintendo did exactly that with Twilight Princess, and people complained that the game wasn't charming enough

The Resistance thing was stupid, i agree. Games that are set in realistic historical contexts (even with radically unrealistic scenarios, like Resistance), are bound to offend someone

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

Normally I hate anything that even remotely look cel-shaded but I like the grafix of Wind Waker. The cartoon look really fit that game.

PS360ForTheWin said:
Resistance was proof that the british media are right wing idiots who will jump on any bandwagon they can find

Surely not the Guardian... or, *gasps*, my beloved BBC.

SamuelRSmith said:
PS360ForTheWin said:
Resistance was proof that the british media are right wing idiots who will jump on any bandwagon they can find

the BBC allways marginalises liberal news and prioritises conservative party news, other than that its fine, ive never read the guardian so i cant comment on that one

I was one of the people who hated WW new art style, being a OoT and MM fan, and I can really see and understand why that was a big deal, even though after playing WW I fell in love with it.

The resistance thing is just the church bitchin about anything they can(
I am a catholic) and the media blowing it out of proportion. It's not something new in the gaming world(GTA anyone?)

Around the Network
PS360ForTheWin said:
SamuelRSmith said:
PS360ForTheWin said:

the BBC allways marginalises liberal news and prioritises conservative party news, other than that its fine, ive never read the guardian so i cant comment on that one

The Guardian is the UK's most left leaning newspaper. The funny thing about the BBC is that lefties say that it's right wing, and right wingers say that it's left.

Just Google "BBC bias" and the amount of conflicting results is ridiculous.

SamuelRSmith said:
PS360ForTheWin said:
SamuelRSmith said:
PS360ForTheWin said:

The Guardian is the UK's most left leaning newspaper. The funny thing about the BBC is that lefties say that it's right wing, and right wingers say that it's left.

i thought that the independent was more left wing?

as for the BBC, see if you can find there coverage of the Liberal Democrat and Conservative party confrences, tell me you dont see heavy bias

Because it was a horrible idea. Cel shaded graphics for a mature and dark series is stupid.

PS360ForTheWin said:
SamuelRSmith said:
PS360ForTheWin said:
SamuelRSmith said:
PS360ForTheWin said:

i thought that the independent was more left wing?

as for the BBC, see if you can find there coverage of the Liberal Democrat and Conservative party confrences, tell me you dont see heavy bias

Here's what I found: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_depth/uk_politics/2008/party_conferences_2008/default.stm

I see that Cameron took the top spot, but all three major parties got a decent representation. The BBC, like all media outlets world wide, reflect public opinion... the BBC aren't quite as public-opinion-central as other media groups because they don't need to rely on ratings. However, the overwhelming support for the Conservatives at the time obviously had an effect on what the BBC saw as its top story.

In terms of representing the parties in tune with public opinion and leanings, I'd say that the BBC is fairer than Parliament.