By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Best Game of all time

tuff question for you VGChartz lovers : What is the best game of all time ???

Around the Network

I agree with radioioRobert :D

radioioRobert said:
Tetris : Anyone can play, though not everyone can master. A 20+ year old version of Tetris still holds up today. It has been on almost every concievable console, computer, handheld since its creation, yet it still sells every time it is released.

It is the most universal of all video games, for non gamers to the most hardcore. Almost everyone has played it for hours on end.

2D Mario games also should be mentioned for the same reasons.

Chess?

There is no best game of all time. Just like there is no best movie, book, actor or anything of all time. The best we can do is put up a list. And even then, we're going to be limited by putting the few 'best' games of each genre and narrowing those down. And pretty much that's going to be up to debate, if not start controversy.

If I tried to say my favorite game was Ocarina of Time, I couldn't say that because I've also had just as much fun and even more time put behind a game like Dragon Quest VIII or Suikoden III or Symphony of the Night. Or even something as simple as Metroid II or Kirby's Adventure or the original Legend of Zelda will rise near the top of my list due to the hundreds of hours I played it as a kid and still pick it up today.

Six upcoming games you should look into:

Secret of Mana or Dragon Warrior 4

We'll miss you George.

PSN:Puzzleface

XBL:XpuzzlefaceX

My friends call me Hadoken because I'm down-right fierce

Around the Network

Ocarina of Time...or Super Metroid

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

Majora`s Mask

but everybody will have different opinions so theres no answer.

my personal favorite is Deus Ex

just before Baldur's gate 2

MARIO GALAXY!

God of War II, followed closely by Virtua Fighter 4: Evolution and Half-Life 2.