By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - More Bioshock Reviews... EGM and 1UP give it 10/10

I guess we should make one big thread and have all of Bioshock's reviews in it.  Anyways I'm really happy that EGM gave it three 10/10's because I trust them over any other media outlet in North America.  And as the topic says 1UP also gave the game a 10/10 which is nice considering they're hard on games.

Update:  Gamepro - 10/10,  Official Xbox Magazine Australia - 10/10, Official Xbox Magazine UK - 10/10, X360 Gamer - 10/10, Alemania Xbox Live - 94/100, X360 - 10/10.

Around the Network

Seriously the last time I seen high reviews like these was in Zelda Ociruna of Time. Bioshock is going to be game of this year

ahh so the game is better than halo.

mM
leo-j said:
ahh so the game is better than halo.

Um, until all the mags get a full copy of Halo 3 to play and review, that's a bit of a question mark, eh?  

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

As far as I can see there is no review of Bioshock on 1up, what is your source?

Around the Network

Oops... Someone in another forum who writes for videogame websites and magazines posted it. He has always been extremely reliable but I guess I should have checked the website before posting the score. He likely knows someone or some of the people that work at 1UP.

koffieboon said:

http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3162017&sec=REVIEWS

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick

Is there a link for the three 10/10s from EGM?

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick

sinha said:
koffieboon said:

http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3162017&sec=REVIEWS

Yes, I know it is up on the site now. At the time I wrote that the review wasn't there yet though.