By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Before you post, please read this comment...

Just a simple observation and comment:  When will the the constant search for dirt on the opposing consoles end?  It just dragging the bottom of the barrel at this point.  It seems 90% of the "news" and "posts" these days is some sort of jibe or attack on another console.

Strangely, it used to be considered  bad form to constantly attack the competitors.  Can the people at VG charts look for something Positive to say, for a change, instead of passing on news solely intended to incite flamewars, excite the fanboys and generally incite bad behavior from the myriad trolls that exist?

Maybe VG Chartz can set the example going forward.

The bottom line is that the PS3 is a powerful console with some pretty nifty hardware.  Yes, it has had a rocky launch and the games lineup isn't quite there just yet but is on the very near-term horizon.  Yep, it's new hardware and developers are still having to learn to deal with the cell.  It will take a while to get a strong library of top notch games but rest assured they WILL be there soon.

The 360 has an amazing game lineup at the moment.  It has had some hardware issues.  We all know it.  A lot of folks, me included, were willing to chance the hardware to enjoy the game lineup.  It's a great console barrning the hardware issues and MS is working diligently to fix them.  

The Wii is selling like crazy.  Graphically it is underpowered compared to the PS3/360.  Again, we all know it.  Move on...  The control system is unique and quite enjoyable and there are some great experiences to be had on the console.

It's all said, now, right there in black and white.  You have your console of choice.  Deal with it and bring worthwhile news and discussion and leave the trolling at home.

Yes, I know.  Horse carcass.  Kick it 100 more times... 

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

Around the Network

Very well said and couldn't agree more!  A lot of the threads and posts around here are mostly based on flame baits and I'm really getting tired of that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

*~Onna76~* said:
Very well said and couldn't agree more!  A lot of the threads and posts around here are mostly based on flame baits, I'm really getting tired of that.

QFT!!!

There should only be nintendo and sony.

edit: Ever since microsoft came in its been a fanboy fight all over the web.

mM

@Leo J, you just gave a marvelous example about the definition of "flaming" :P

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

Around the Network

I went to this website to avoid the fanboy wars that u see most if not all the time from 1up. Im just glad there are mods here to regulate what is said in forums. I agree kn it is time for people just to move on instead of posting things to get fanboys fighting at one another. I own multiple consoles and for once I would like to post something about one game being good or bad without being called a fanboy.

leo-j i kind of agree with u because it wasn't really a console war until MS came but i don't think its MS's fault. I blame the media.

"I could make Halo. It's not that I couldn't design that game. It's just that I choose not to. One thing about my game design is that I never try to look for what people want and then try to make that game design." - Nintendo's Shigeru Miyamoto

PSN joshmyersBV Global rank in Warhawk: 1734 Rank: Wing Leader Over 200 Mine kills

Leo -- shining example!  Please delete your post!

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

leo-j said:

There should only be nintendo and sony.

edit: Ever since microsoft came in its been a fanboy fight all over the web.

Stop and think....

first your doing exactly what he is talking about.

second... don't you think it might have something to do with oh i dunno the internet growing in popularity since then? I dunno about you but I don't think I knew anyone that browsed gaming forums on the internet when the n64 or ps1 was launched. The internet is slightly more popular these days Only a handfull of my friends had the internet back then. Now 100% of them have it.

@kn

I agree with you.

The constant bashing on opposing consoles (or games on these platforms for that matter) just for the sake of bashing is just sickening. There are less of intelligent, informative, and peaceful threads in the forum except a few by particular users.

Instead, there are plenty of "PS3 is selling terrible!", "XBOX360 is a failure", and "Wii is all kiddies". In reality, these posts are disguised under different titles, but what posters really want to convey are essentially the same. The same damn things over and over. Boy, some people just can't stop attacking others, can they?

Of course, these are just a few examples. There are a bunch of variations to these kinds of uninteresting and flame-inducing posts and threads on this forum. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. Personally, I don't even participate in unoriginal threads like these and am amazed how people like to fight against each other on the same issues over and over. It's like a broken tape recorder.

Who are posting these flaming threads/posts? They are mostly by those who are insecure about their own console choice and therefore have an incentive to discredit other platforms/games to feel better about their choices. Winning an argument in a thread must make them feel better, I suppose.

In reality, I don't think we will see less of these posts in the future for various reasons. First, as more new users register on this site, it'll get increasingly harder to control posts like those even though mods have been doing an excellent job.

Second, due to the nature of the site (console war, sales competition), the site particularly attracts people who are insecure about their console choice.

Third, a lot of argumentative people love to argue the same damn thing over and over even though they don't admit it openly.

Fourth, even if they reach a stalemate in a thread, other users will post the same damn thing with slightly different subjects and will start it all over again. If they run out of flame bait, new users will start the same damn thing. It's just never ending.

Fifth, even if you start a reasonably informative, interesting, and peaceful thread, some insecure jerks will jump in no time.

Finally, this is something I don't think mods and administrators of this site intend or wish to see, but ironically flames and useless quarrels actually attract new visitors to the website and make the website more active no matter how unproductive those posts are. Just take a look at the number of views and replies on those flame-inducing threads. People secretly love it.

The fact that those flame posts and bs in fact help the site grow is an unintended consequence. But it just really is for any forum. Such is the Internet. Maintaining the high level of civil attitudes, maturity, positiveness, informative discussions, and peace is just a very difficult thing to do.

Truth is this forum still is better than 90% of game forums on the Internet. But it'll inevitably get worse as the site grows bigger. I try not to have any high expectation so that I won't be disappointed.

No, it's not going to stop  'Til you wise up
No, it's not going to stop  So just ... give up
- Aimee Mann

Fine.. I promise from now on that I will not post negative news on the PS3.

It's true it just starts flamewars.

Gebx

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)