By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Crazy John predicts again: SSBBrawl 1st week sales

Here we go. You all like to hear my wild, insane, off-the-wall starring Michael Jackson predictions so here we go again.

Not one to predict software sales but let's try Super Smash Bros. Brawl opening week sales...

Between 500,000 to 1,000,000 opening week.

Discuss.

Still YOUR VGChartz Official Idiot

John Lucas

Words from the Official VGChartz Idiot

WE ARE THE NATION...OF DOMINATION!

Around the Network

Eh, It's not impossible and quite reasonable. It's being released at the beginning of December so will likely be a big holiday game with many people picking it up with the purchase of a console.

To cash in my CC rewards points for $300 in Circuit City gift cards to purchase a 360 or not: That is the question.

It seems like a very safe bet to say 1,000,000. I you wanna go wild, say something like 3,000,000

1 mil indeed..

now, the true question is, what will metroid sales be 1st week john?

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

It will sell a million if they ship that many. Nintendo has been cautious recently, so who knows. =/

Around the Network

between 500k-1 million is too big of a range, pick 1 number and stick with it.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

500K? Yeah, it should reach that.

People should remember that your prediction for Wii catching 360 was closer than basically anyone's else... Basically about 2 weeks off. Back in March, a lot of people were saying "2008," and end of September at the earliest.

So now when everyone knows the tide has changed, this prediction seems reasonable... When in fact your famous "idiot" prediction was far more accurate than the supposed "reasonable" predictions of 5 months ago...

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

What? That's not crazy, that is actually completely sane.

And Soriku, there's no way Metroid first week is going to be 700k.

Consoles I Own: NES, SNES, N64, GC, GBA, DS, X360, Wii

How can no one see this as crazy? 1 million sales in one week? What's the record for 1st week sales?

My guess is Brawl gets 650k. 1 million seems pretty high, but it is possible.

Great to see you back again John, I already wondered if you've left or something. But in case you haven't heard yet, you're not the owner of the most outlandish prediction on vgchartz anymore, it is sqrl.

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)