By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Crazy John predicts again: SSBBrawl 1st week sales

SSBB ---> 1m+
MP3 ---> 400k+
Mario Galaxy ---> 800k+

Around the Network

Brawl's first week will benefit greately from the timing. A December release will mean an already larger userbase and a lot of pre-order hype. It'll also post huge numbers through January as well. John's prediction doesn't seem that far off to me.

As for Metroid. It'll be damned big, but how big will also depend on how big the hardware spike is. And since I can't answer that, I can't say what MP3's numbers will be

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

I'd say SSBB should easily hit 500-650k first week. 500k would be around Gears of War-type levels, which seem reasonable.

1m? Very unlikely.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

is this guesstimate based on ww release or single region? I'll make a guess for america release (1st week).

MP3: 350k
Galaxy: 600k
SSBB: 550k

I must be losing my touch.

Mostly everybody's saying my predictions are too tame.

Has Sqrl taken my outrageous throne? Wow. Kudos to you, Sqrl.

John Lucas 

Words from the Official VGChartz Idiot

WE ARE THE NATION...OF DOMINATION!

Around the Network

By the way john, did ckmlb ever get a hold of you? He's been wanting to have a word with you for some time now.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

It'll sell 300,000 in it's first day after becoming the most pre-ordered game of all time. On it's seventh day it will break the 1.5 million and will become a better seller than Tetris.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

dtewi said:
It'll sell 300,000 in it's first day after becoming the most pre-ordered game of all time. On it's seventh day it will break the 1.5 million and will become a better seller than Tetris.

I think Halo 3 is already past a million in pre-orders - anybody got better numbers?

Oops, not outlandish enough, add a little zeroes, mix in some craziness. Here we go

1st Day 2.6 Million
7th Day Breaks 10 Million Mark
3rd Month 20 Million
1 Year 35 Million

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Funny how almost everyone agrees that Brawl will surpass Galaxy's first week sales, even though people seem to agree that Galaxy will sell more in it's lifetime. Sorta weird if you think about it, a game said to be "better" (Galaxy) has little hope of beating Brawls sheer diehard fan base.

I also like to ponder just how many sales Brawl could get in one week if Sonic, Cloud, playable Miis, and Online play are all announced one week beforehand xD