By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Flash poll: What will happen to Sony/SCE in the financial trouble?

You people think they will accually discontinue PS3?? Let alone cut off SCE?! What are you guys nuts?
Jeez..

Around the Network
FishyJoe said:
FilaBrasileiro said:

What I meant is dropping against the dollar, i.e. going from 110 to 89, but yeah I guess rising would be the correct term, I stand correct.

And you cannot guarantee anything in this recession, Nintendo and Toyota might go bankrupt as well, Nintendo could probably avoid it by raising the Wii price though seeing as how well it is selling, but Toyota is already feeling the effects of this economy.

Not even comparable. Sony carries $12 billion in debt. Nintendo is rich in surplus cash. Sony will have 165,000 employees to cut paychecks to. Nintendo has 3700 employees to pay. Nintendo could stop selling product today and could still probably operate for several years without making changes.

Definitely comparable, both Japanese companies who are affected by the rising of the Yen, Sony is in debt? That's news to me, last I heard they had enough cash reserve to operate for a few more years. I'm not suggesting Nintendo is not in a better position, obviously they are, but the economy can hit them, I don't think you should be so gullible to think that they'd be immune to it.

Smashed said:
You people think they will accually discontinue PS3?? Let alone cut off SCE?! What are you guys nuts?
Jeez..

What do you mean you people?

Smashed said:
Jeez..

Only 7 people voted for those two options combined... 27 people say Sony will just carry on without restructuring, which I believe is more nuts than those two alternatives.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

FilaBrasileiro said:
Smashed said:
Jeez..

What do you mean you people?

The 7 people that voted.

Around the Network
FilaBrasileiro said:
FishyJoe said:

Not even comparable. Sony carries $12 billion in debt. Nintendo is rich in surplus cash. Sony will have 165,000 employees to cut paychecks to. Nintendo has 3700 employees to pay. Nintendo could stop selling product today and could still probably operate for several years without making changes.

Definitely comparable, both Japanese companies who are affected by the rising of the Yen, Sony is in debt? That's news to me, last I heard they had enough cash reserve to operate for a few more years. I'm not suggesting Nintendo is not in a better position, obviously they are, but the economy can hit them, I don't think you should be so gullible to think that they'd be immune to it.

Sony does hold a big debt load, in addition to massive expenses from having so many operations and employees. I didn't say Nintendo was immune, however they have built enough buffer to last through anything short of something worse than the 1929 depression.

Smashed said:
Jeez..

No shiet dude, some of these peeps needs to get out of the basement.

Smashed said:
Jeez..

Something tells me you haven't put a second of thought into the matter, let alone read some earnings releases to actually be informed about Sony's current position.

Discontinuing the PS3 or cut-off SCE is definitely not the number one option imo. Not the #2 or #3 either. But completely laugh it away tells me you have no idea of the seriousness of Sony's trouble at the moment. Shareholders WILL demand action. And as mentioned numerous times before: SCE is Sony's worst performing Division. So please tell me: what EXACTLY makes you think these options are completely out of the question?

BengaBenga said:
Smashed said:
Jeez..

Something tells me you haven't put a second of thought into the matter, let alone read some earnings releases to actually be informed about Sony's current position.

Discontinuing the PS3 or cut-off SCE is definitely not the number one option imo. Not the #2 or #3 either. But completely laugh it away tells me you have no idea of the seriousness of Sony's trouble at the moment. Shareholders WILL demand action. And as mentioned numerous times before: SCE is Sony's worst performing Division. So please tell me: what EXACTLY makes you think these options are completely out of the question?

How about reality, they are a hardware manafactuer.  They didnt rid of their cameras or tvs did they bud.

As if they could cut all of SCE just like that, yahh that be smart and easy and cheep to do.  LOL.  The logistics of it are impossible for them to cover.

BengaBenga said:
Smashed said:
Jeez..

Because, It just won't happen.

That's all that needs to be said, k?