By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Halo 3: ODST, The Counduit or Killzone 2?

Xen said:

Lol, Killzone, no competition

^^^This!

Playing and finishing games first>>>>>>>>>>Then talking!

Opinions are subjective and just like moods, can change.

TOP 12: Deus Ex, Shadow Man, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturn, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Metroid Prime, Zelda (series), Uncharted (series), FF Tactics, Persona (series), Demons Souls, Vagrant Story.

MOST WANTED: Deus Ex: Human Revolution, The Last Guardian, ICO/Shadow OTC HD

Around the Network

Killzone 2 has already proven to be AAA+ and has managed to go above all the hype (which says something...dosn't it?). If the Coduit falls an inch short, tho of it's massive hype it will be a very sad day indeed for all the fanboys out there!

Playing and finishing games first>>>>>>>>>>Then talking!

Opinions are subjective and just like moods, can change.

TOP 12: Deus Ex, Shadow Man, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturn, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Metroid Prime, Zelda (series), Uncharted (series), FF Tactics, Persona (series), Demons Souls, Vagrant Story.

MOST WANTED: Deus Ex: Human Revolution, The Last Guardian, ICO/Shadow OTC HD

HanzoTheRazor said:
Killzone 2 has already proven to be AAA+ and has managed to go above all the hype (which says something...dosn't it?). If the Coduit falls an inch short, tho of it's massive hype it will be a very sad day indeed for all the fanboys out there!

Proven in which way? The game has yet to be released to the public and the only real review of a 100% is from a PS mag. The only other review was a 4/5 from a site that gave R2 a 4/5. I hardly think that game was widely regarded as AAA.

PS3 Trophies

Definitely The Conduit.

--OkeyDokey-- said:
exnoctem said:

What is the setting and premise of the Conduit? All i know is it takes place on earth and deals with alien invasion.

as far as i know, thats all of the story that is public knowledge.

And isnt that the same setting/premise of resistance and its sequel... which you own?

With The Conduit, I think it's something like a government conspiracy and Ford is some kind of secret agent. Looking at the screens/videos, their doesn't seem to be much effort put into the environments, enemy design or art direction. in general it all looks pretty dull and uninteresting.

And if you'd been playing attention to my posts, you'd know that I hate both Resistance games for pretty much the same reasons I'm not excited for The Conduit :P

well, thanks for the reply... i hadnt payed attention to the posts.... i pretty much skimmed due to the volume of posts in this thread. Fair enough, i wasnt trying to be an ass i was just curious as the conduit seems to get a lot of hate for being "generic" when there doesnt seem to be a lot of info on it beyond gameplay videos and the controls. You just happened to be the last person to mention the games story(premise/setting/whatever).

I can understand you not feeling the concept... different strokes for different folks but i do think its a little silly to bash the story when nobody nows what the story is. Not that thats what you were doing, but there seems to be a lot of that in this thread.

F@ck Ubisoft and their commitment to Wii shovelware.

Around the Network

The conduit>killzone>odst

for me. Unless odst was more along the lines of halo combat evolved then my stance stands.

Twilightman on Gametrailers

I know... my english sucks

You missed 20 votes for The Conduit.

;)

Okami

To lavish praise upon this title, the assumption of a common plateau between player and game must be made.  I won't open my unworthy mouth.

Christian (+50).  Arminian(+20). AG adherent(+20). YEC(+20). Pre-tribulation Pre-milleniumist (+10).  Republican (+15) Capitalist (+15).  Pro-Nintendo (+5).  Misc. stances (+30).  TOTAL SCORE: 195
  http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=43870 <---- Fun theology quiz

the conduit

+1 for Conduit.

3DS FC: 1306 6473 7511

Nintendod Network ID: xsorenx

Add me for Pokemon, New Leaf, and Fire Emblem, Mario Kart 8.