By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - lottery winner given PS3 but will buy Wii for Son

I actually think this is quite telling as I've seen plenty of Sony fanboys claim that people just buy the Wii as a spur of the moment item because they can't afford a PS3.

To cash in my CC rewards points for $300 in Circuit City gift cards to purchase a 360 or not: That is the question.

Around the Network
ceres said:
I actually think this is quite telling as I've seen plenty of Sony fanboys claim that people just buy the Wii as a spur of the moment item because they can't afford a PS3.

Wow, I was thinking the same thing. Great minds think alike.

Official member of the Sonic Support Squad!

Bet with OriGin: Within 1 year Super Smash Bros. Brawl will be ahead of Mario Kart Wii (when aligning the one whole year from each region). 2 week ban from Vgchartz for the loser. Edit: Darn! Looks like OriGin will win.

ckmlb said:
Kasz216 said:
Doesn't flamebait pretty much have to be a post that's particularly offensive and either dealing in misleading statements, personal opinions treated as fact or outright insults?

Nope, flamebait is a thread that is made to incite flaming by definition. It doesn't need to be false or misleading or anything.

If I made a thread right now about how the PS3 is a more powerful system than the Wii? Wouldn't that be flamebait? I mean we all know that and it's a non issue at this point.

Same here, a thread that is pretty much about nothing made specifically to gloat or something...

So you'd consider this thread Flamebait too because a developer thinks it's a good thing that a gamedisk can hold more data? Something that's obvious? http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=5612&start=0#end If anything i'd consider this less well known as it's a kid nobody has ever heard of before.

I'm a little confused by the "Given a Ps3" combined with shopping spree though.  I mean... did she have to pay for the PS3 or not?  Is winning the biggest lotto ever not enough if she didn't?

Also, it doesn't even say the kid didn't want the PS3, just that the mom also wants to get him a Wii.  If I was a 14 year old and my mom won the lottery i'd want both, a 360, PSP, DS and nice car for when i turned 16 or whenever you can drive in england.  To me it just seems more a feel good story with a added videogame twist in it.

Though if anything it annoys me that they are pretty much encouraging her to waste her lotto money by taking her to stores she couldn't afford before.  Lotto winners more often then not go overboard and end up losing all that money they won anyway, they don't need someone pushing them off that ledge.

Kasz216 said:
ckmlb said:
Kasz216 said:
Doesn't flamebait pretty much have to be a post that's particularly offensive and either dealing in misleading statements, personal opinions treated as fact or outright insults?

Nope, flamebait is a thread that is made to incite flaming by definition. It doesn't need to be false or misleading or anything.

If I made a thread right now about how the PS3 is a more powerful system than the Wii? Wouldn't that be flamebait? I mean we all know that and it's a non issue at this point.

Same here, a thread that is pretty much about nothing made specifically to gloat or something...

So you'd consider this thread Flamebait too because a developer thinks it's a good thing that a gamedisk can hold more data? Something that's obvious? http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=5612&start=0#end If anything i'd consider this less well known as it's a kid nobody has ever heard of before.

What I've slowly been learning on these forums is some people just stop posting in a thread after they've been proven horribly wrong.

@ Xeo_842 )

Our german proverb for such a situation translates to "2 stupid persons - same thought".

EDIT:

ah yea, because there might be a chance I am misunderstood - I didn't mean to insult you guys , but just wanted to point out the different point of views the languages/countries seem to have towards that ,although the german one is usually ment to be be said jokingly (aswell?)

Around the Network

zomg maybe sony fans should stop trolling the nintendo forum!!!!!!111oneeleven

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

its not strange that he wants a Wii, hell with that much he could buy all the game systems that ever existed and all the games for them, as well as a house big enough to have a dedicated games room for each system.

what i find strange is camelot giving away a ps3 to a kid whose mum just won €52million.

52 million Euros and GIVEN a PS3?

That's like giving a guy with a 12 inch cock a dick extention operation!

Lol see what us UK ppl are like... wii want wii's

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man