By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - lottery winner given PS3 but will buy Wii for Son

FishyJoe said:
I gotta say, if you find this article offensive or controversial, you really need to get a life.

Maybe you can buy me one with all the Nintendo stock you keep talking about

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network

I already lost over $5k this week LOL. If I can laugh at that, surely you can laugh at a silly article.

FishyJoe said:
I already lost over $5k this week LOL. If I can laugh at that, surely you can laugh at a silly article.

I'm not offended. I didn't say the article is offenseive, I just said it's flamebait. If I made a thread about a graphical comparison between Pokemon and Mass Effect it would be factual but totally unnecessary thus waiting to be flamed.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

But I see a lot more imflammatory articles than what I posted that you don't comment on . You should root out the real flamebait first before bagging on little stuff like this.

This isnt offensive at all, I just think those commercials nintendo put out arent completely true..

mM
Around the Network

cklmb: Umm, yes, that is true, however you would be posting what most would consider common knowledge. My Pokemons! In HD with 2160P graphics!

This is an article he found humourous, and felt could be shared. Which isn't common knowledge. Not only is he himself not saying much more than his opinions on this article, he is presenting this article for our enjoyment, or dislike.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

I actually find the debate about this thread being flamebait with no said flaming yet to be seen more entertaining than the article itself.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

ckmlb said:
Kasz216 said:
Doesn't flamebait pretty much have to be a post that's particularly offensive and either dealing in misleading statements, personal opinions treated as fact or outright insults?

Nope, flamebait is a thread that is made to incite flaming by definition. It doesn't need to be false or misleading or anything.

If I made a thread right now about how the PS3 is a more powerful system than the Wii? Wouldn't that be flamebait? I mean we all know that and it's a non issue at this point.

Same here, a thread that is pretty much about nothing made specifically to gloat or something...

Gosh maybe thats why its in the Nintendo Forum. Where Nintendo Fans Hang Out.

If you think positive Nintendo news has no place in this forum, then maybe you should get a forum made called "Positive Nintendo News." Oh wait, that forum would fill up too fast, because of all the positive news, just like if you made a "Negative/Depressing Sony News" forum.

This thread isn't flamebait at all. So what if the kid received a PS3 and wanted a Wii on top of that. I'd be asking for a lot of things too.

On another note, the lottery is a tax on the stupid...

iclim4 said:

so.. if i was that kid id also ask for a DS a PSP an Xbox360 a high end PC and a high end Laptop...
but thats just me....

edit: wait.. 52.4m... how about a house while where at it MOM?!!

its not 52.4m is 52.4m Euros. That is 70,313,453.68 is america according to google which is quite a nice little chunk of cash. 

They could by 2 houses, easy. 

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453