By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 2009: Which console has the best exclusives?

Which console has the best exclusive lineup in 2009? I've included some hyped games below to refresh people's memories.

Note: This is not a complete list and it isn't supposed to be. I'm also only using titles confirmed for 2009.

Microsoft

Star Ocean 4: The Last Hope

Splinter Cell Conviction

Halo Wars

Plus:

• Huxley
  • White Gold
  • Fallout 3 & GTA 4 DLC
  • Portal: Still Alive
  • Alan Wake

Nintendo

The Conduit

Mad World

Pikmin 3

Plus:

• Fatal Frame 4
  • Final Fantasy CC: The Crystal Bearers
  • Fragile
  • Little King's Story
  • Wiisports Resort
Sony

Killzone 2

Uncharted 2 Among Thieves

God of War 3

Plus:
  • Infamous
  • White Knight Chronicles
  • Heavy Rain
  • MAG
  • Gran Turismo 5

Around the Network

PS3, Killzone 2, Uncharted 2 and God of War 2 are going to be incredible

Also, Cry-On has been cancelled, Mass Effect 2 should be on the Xbox list, and Ratchet and Clank 6 the PS3's

Munkeh111 said:

Also, Cry-On has been cancelled, Mass Effect 2 should be on the Xbox list, and Ratchet and Clank 6 the PS3's

Read the note: this is not a complete list. Mass Effect 2 has not been announced for 2009 and R&C 6 hasn't even been announced. Cry-on has been removed.

PS3 has an awesome lineup, 360 has a decent lineup and the Wii........I don't care. So it looks like a repeat of last year. And the next R & C has kinda been announced- after the credits in QFB, it basically confirms it by saying "Fall 2009". And when was Splinter Cell confirmed for this year?

Outcast said:
Munkeh111 said:

Read the note: this is not a complete list. Mass Effect 2 has not been announced for 2009 and R&C 6 hasn't even been announced. Cry-on has been removed.

Have Splinter Cell conviction and Alan Wake been confirmed for 2009? or MAG, or God of War 3, and wasn't Portal Still Alive released in 2008? I think it is too early to have a definitive release list for 2009

Around the Network

PS3. Albeit I'd love to get a piece of the 360 pie, namely Star Ocean and Mass Effect 2.

Mmmmm pie.

And wow, I've not seen Sadness regarded as a real game in ages lol.

Alan wake is on the pc too Infact I think only aw screenshots are pc , the ps3 list wins by miles.

edit: friggin iphone keyboard..

either the ps3's or 360's but really, how many of those games will be released this year?. I doubt splinter cell conviction will be released and same with gt5. Also, there will be other exclusives released this year.

Can't help but think that the wii's lineup is underwhelming when compared to the other consoles. Also, I hope star ocean doesn't fail like IU or TLR...

There will be many different answers, I think, this looks to become a better year than 08 (which was shit imo), luckily.
The great RPG's on the 360 this gen have actually won me over completely, I'm buying a Premium sometime this year and the best games.

I never understand this type of thread, because I can't say if a game is better than another without playing them, but oh well...

Games I'm looking forward to:

Wii

Another Code 2

The Conduit

Deadly Creatures

Fatal Frame 4

Fragile: Farewell Ruins of the Moon

House of the Dead: Overkill

Little King's Story

MadWorld

Monster Hunter 3

Muramasa: Demon Blade

Overlord: Dark Legend

Punch Out!

Sin & Punishment 2

Sonic and the Black Knight

Wii Sports Resort

You should remove Sadness, many believe it's just vaporware. And Pikmin 3 since it hasn't been confirmed for this year.