By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Anybody try the Windows 7 Beta yet?

gavind5uk said:
thetonestarr said:
I tried installing it Friday, but it froze during unpacking at 97%.

Five times.

Did you get it from M$? i heard theres a few duds floating about the torrents.

Directly. My PC kind-of hates me.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Around the Network

Um, what if I cant reeinstall my operating system, mine came with my CPU.

Running 7 both with a separate HDD partition and through VM ware workstation and both work fine, the install was simple. I do not see any noticeable difference my XP machine boot/runs is still faster.

If people were not running the 60+ processes that they normally do, their machines would run smooth also. I run at any given time 19.

Untouch said:
Um, what if I cant reeinstall my operating system, mine came with my CPU.

If you didnt get a Windows disc with your computer you should at least have some discs from them to restore your original partitions & operating system  e.g. Acer recovery discs.

If the guys who sold you the computer have not supplied you with either you should contact them as i think im most countries they are legally obliged to provide you with one or the other.

I managed to get the 32bit OS to install, but my wireless adapter isn't compatible with it and I don't feel like trying to get it to work, so I reverted back. =/

Just for the time being.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Around the Network
thetonestarr said:
I managed to get the 32bit OS to install, but my wireless adapter isn't compatible with it and I don't feel like trying to get it to work, so I reverted back. =/

Just for the time being.

Did you not try Vista drivers?

I had actually upgraded to 7 over top of Vista, so everything was still intact.

Oddly enough, it registered the wireless adapter as such, and it connected to the network, but it wouldn't communicate over the network.

SW-5120-1900-6153

I loaded Windows 7 on a different drive the other day. Haven't played with it much, but I do know I don't like the taskbar. It seems like the aborted baby of the vista taskbar and quick launch.

fadetoone said:
I loaded Windows 7 on a different drive the other day. Haven't played with it much, but I do know I don't like the taskbar. It seems like the aborted baby of the vista taskbar and quick launch.

your lucky, after a couple of restarts my taskbar decided to go window 95 stylee and not let me open any progams after that, had to reinstall a 2nd time lol

Never heard of it.

Help I cant get my trophy card to work.