By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Twilight Princess reminds me of Link to the Past (Long read)

Majin-Tenshinhan said:
I think you mean "antagonist" in your original post - Not "protagonist".

Lol, I didn't caught that. Thank you for pointing that out.

Around the Network
t3mporary_126 said:
Khuutra said:
Agahnim was Ganondorf, just disguised.

There ae many thematic similarities between Twilight Princess, Link to the Past, Adventure of Link, and Ocarina of Time, it's true. They are primarily thematic, though, and I would not want to miss the forest for the trees.

Oh snaps.... Really? I should replay that game again....

I remember hearing that before, though.

And yes, it's true most Zelda games are true are similar, but the Twilight Princess and Link to the Past similarities are really, really obvious - especially their similar alternative world formula. I mean, both games uses a mirror to transport link to an alternative world or the formal world, an object to retain your link's true form in the alternative world, and the contents in the alternative world are pratically the same (link turns into animals, the alternative world looks like Hyrule but a little bit different because it's dark, and the residents living in it transform as well).

This is what I was trying to get at.  Sure the other games include these too, but the similarities aren't so common as Twilight Princess and Link to the Past.

Or, maybe it's just wishful thinking, too....

EDIT: Oh, and sorry if I happen to misunderstand your posts. If so, correct me.

yeah, before fighting him he compliments you on the fact that you beat his alter ego.

vess13 said:
t3mporary_126 said:
Khuutra said:

There ae many thematic similarities between Twilight Princess, Link to the Past, Adventure of Link, and Ocarina of Time, it's true. They are primarily thematic, though, and I would not want to miss the forest for the trees.

And yes, it's true most Zelda games are true are similar, but the Twilight Princess and Link to the Past similarities are really, really obvious - especially their similar alternative world formula. I mean, both games uses a mirror to transport link to an alternative world or the formal world, an object to retain your link's true form in the alternative world, and the contents in the alternative world are pratically the same (link turns into animals, the alternative world looks like Hyrule but a little bit different because it's dark, and the residents living in it transform as well).

This is what I was trying to get at.  Sure the other games include these too, but the similarities aren't so common as Twilight Princess and Link to the Past.

yeah, before fighting him he compliments you on the fact that you beat his alter ego.

Yeah, someone already posted that. Thanks for the additional help though. :p

actually hyrule never entered the twilight realm, it was being absorbeb by it

t3mporary_126 said:
vess13 said:
t3mporary_126 said:
Khuutra said:

oops. now I feel like an ass not catching that.

Around the Network
vess13 said:
t3mporary_126 said:
vess13 said:
t3mporary_126 said:
Khuutra said:

oops. now I feel like an ass not catching that.

Don't be, I didn't feel offended or anything from your post. Just make sure to read the whole thread next time. :P

emilie autumn said:
actually hyrule never entered the twilight realm, it was being absorbeb by it

I know....

Oh crud, did I write that somewhere, cause I don't think I did....I'll go find and edit that statement if I posted it.

EDIT: I just checked my posts and they didn't say anything about hyrule entering the twlight realm. Are you refering to someone's post and not mine, then? I apologize for butting in if that post wasn't for me.