By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Game Informer gives BioShock 10/10 and 10/10

Smash_Brother said:
It has glitches where the tape recorders will wind up playing even when I don't prompt them to, as well as some strange plot holes.

The gold tape players are major plot points and play automatically.

And no matter if you picked up your last tape 2 seconds ago or ten minutes ago, holding down A will start playing the last one picked up. The game isn't bugged.

And what plot holes? After all, you just admitted to only being 90% of the way through the story.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network
Smash_Brother said:
Having played 90% of the way through, I definitely like the game, but I can't see why this is getting perfect scores.

It has glitches where the tape recorders will wind up playing even when I don't prompt them to, as well as some strange plot holes.

All in all, an excellent game, but not deserving of a perfect score.

I have yet to find a plot whole, and it will play tape recorders that you have to hear, they are automatic and they are not a glitch, you have to hear them in order to know what to do next or find valuable info

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.

ill get, it for PC later this year.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

"plot holes".... hmm, somthing tells me that you may think you're near the end, but really aren't

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

rocketpig said:
Smash_Brother said:

The gold tape players are major plot points and play automatically.

And no matter if you picked up your last tape 2 seconds ago or ten minutes ago, holding down A will start playing the last one picked up. The game isn't bugged.

And what plot holes? After all, you just admitted to only being 90% of the way through the story.

I've encountered the issue during times when I'm prompted to hold A to turn a wheel, but it also WILL happen at random when I'm not pressing the A button at all. This happened many times while I was just walking from one place to another: the last tape recording I heard will just suddenly start playing.

As for plot holes... SPOILER WARNING BELOW:

Can anyone explain to me why I need a Big Daddy costume to attract a little sister who is free of the parasite and who, earlier in the game, had to have been in a room full of little girls who were happy to see me and not afraid of me?

The ending was excellent, though.

Also, in fairness, people should probably know that this game is heavily inspired by Deus Ex (the first one, not the craptacular sequel), including the hacking, the different ammo types, the personal enhancement abilities, and the fact that you face a madman who has done some serious "upgrading" to himself.

"I mean, c'mon, Viva Pinata, a game with massive marketing, didn't sell worth a damn to the "sophisticated" 360 audience, despite near-universal praise--is that a sign that 360 owners are a bunch of casual ignoramuses that can't get their heads around a 'gardening' sim? Of course not. So let's please stop trying to micro-analyze one game out of hundreds and using it as the poster child for why good, non-1st party, games can't sell on Wii. (Everyone frequenting this site knows this is nonsense, and yet some of you just can't let it go because it's the only scab you have left to pick at after all your other "Wii will phail1!!1" straw men arguments have been put to the torch.)" - exindguy on Boom Blocks