By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - wiimotes sales

anybody have any idea as to how many wiimotes have been sold?  since they are sold with only one but most of the fun of the system is in playing with or against friends, it seems like they'd have significant revenue from "accessories".  oh yeah, and Mario Party is the devil.

Around the Network

Wiimote sales= Very high... look how many units of wii play have sold...

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

Sure, why don't we just see how many PS2 controllers were sold, or better yet how many Wavebirds were sold.

I doubt ioi tracks controller sales.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

they're a huge corporation and the Wii is the biggest thing to happen to them and the industry in a long time.  they track sales of everything, believe me.

No idea, but with Wiimotes, Nunchucks and classic controllers, Nintendo is making a killing on accesories

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Around the Network

Don`t forget the VC :) About 7 million games sold, that`s about 40 million dollars of profit, at least.

Oh I agree. I just wasn't really listing those as accesories.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Including the one with the consoles, a conservative estimate would be about 20 million (10 bundled, 10 separate). However, I'd guess that there are more people with 3 or more wiimotes than only 1, so I'd say a high estimate of 30 million (20 separate).

I have two Wiimotes and don't even own a system... don't ask. :P

Numbers are like people. Torture them enough and you can get them to say anything you want.

VGChartz Resident Thread Killer

I would guess they average two per system. I have three pairs of wiimotes/chucks

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.