By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - I need a hand guys....

Im planning on buying a new game this weekend, and went to my two local stores to have a gander. I've narrowed down my choice to two games:

Bioshock (£14.48)

Mass Effect (£7.48)

Im a big FPS fan, but already have far cry 2 which i havent completed, so bioshock appeals, especially with its average rating of something like 97.

However, im a huge sci fi fan, and i like a good rpg, so im pretty sure mass effect is the one il go for, especially being half the price (and getting 94 on ign) but is mass effect the right purchase? Or should i buy bioshock?

From one 360 fan to the rest...

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Around the Network

Claps His Hands.

mass effect

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

I'd go with Bioshock. Mass Effect is an action-RPG, so the RPG elements aren't anywhere near as prevalent as in a typical RPG.

Besides, Bioshock is massively sci-fi too.

Not to mention I like Bioshock more than ME anyhow.

SW-5120-1900-6153

I think both are a bit overated, but I like Bioshock better... so go with Bioshock.

both.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Around the Network

Put it this way, considering neither of them have any online multiplayer AND both are fantastic games, get the cheaper one first and wait for the other one to drop to that price.

In otherwords, go with Mass Effect (Though I believe Bioshock is the better experience, but I still really enjoyed ME).

Be warned though, you will HATE playing as the Soldier class if you're a FPS buff, I found the controls incredibly frustrating, I recommend picking a class that's not just about firearms (i.e Any class other than Soldier).

I'm not a huge FPS shooter fan, tried Bioshock cos everyone went on and on about it and hated the thing.

I'm not a huge RPG fan but got sucked right into Mass Effect. Traded it without trying for different endings and stuff and regret doing so now.

No need to thank me for a seriously unhelpful post.

BioShock seems a safer bet for you as an FPS lover. I prefer Mass Effect myself, but it seems to have more haters than does BioShock.

Mass Effect all the way.

Mass Effect, no competition. Mass Effect is THAT good.