By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - OMG! it the next ZELDA!!!!

tehsage said:
KylieDog said:
Hints? Are they dumbing Zelda down even more?

How do they expect to outsell Ocarina of Time if they dumb down Zelda?

That is the power of the expanded audience.

Around the Network
megaman79 said:
neotea said:
Oyvoyvoyv said:

Best graphics on Wii yet?

Other than that, this is exactly what I want.

TP difficulty in the fighting, but with harder difficulty in the puzzles.

Having said that, I doubt this is the new Zelda.

The game has been in development for 2 years (at least), don't you think they would have come farther than this? Why patent this?

It seems like something completely different to me.

But hey, that's bloody awesome too!

Theres been rumors that the zelda wii game was in develepont during the time TP was being ported to the wii. Also this might be an implentation in the game that they put in a few months back and are just patented it now. Take into mind that mayamoto likes making his game extremely hard, but usually tone it down. He wanted to make mario galazy even harder but was only able to lower mario hp to 3 heart. They might've made zelda wii game so hard that they had no choice to implement this hint system lol.

How do you know this? Where did u read this? SMG, hard? what?

The rumor about zelda wii was somethig i read in several arcticles a while back.  Dont quite remember where from.  in smg yes he wanted to make it hard or even harder, but the smg team didnt want that and mayamoto was only able to bring the hp down.

I TAKE NO SIDES

Smashchu2 said:
tehsage said:
KylieDog said:
Hints? Are they dumbing Zelda down even more?

How do they expect to outsell Ocarina of Time if they dumb down Zelda?

That is the power of the expanded audience.

Oh my, better not screw with them! o_O

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

I want another Majora's Mask. I don't want a dumbed down OoT or anything like it. I'd buy a Wii in a second if it's an original Zelda like Majora's Mask.

Lurker said:
I want another Majora's Mask. I don't want a dumbed down OoT or anything like it. I'd buy a Wii in a second if it's an original Zelda like Majora's Mask.

Speculation suggests that this Zelda has the potential to be immensely harder, just with some kind of hint system.

And the ability to replay any part of the game you like, whenever you want.

That good enough?

Around the Network

I LOVE the idea of different difficulty levels!  This solves the problem of making it accessible while keeping the game difficult enough for core gamers.  I hope this is real.  

Proud member of the Mega Mario Movement

Warrior of Light

ha dumb how some take this as the game not very far or wherever it is.

these are just generic quick sketches to show what they plan on doing. And heck the game could have been completely done for all we know and then they realized it is super hard for the casuals so they are gonna impliment this ingame strategy guide and working on putting that in now

plus sweet that using motion+ as someone said. And i could care less if this is zelda or not. If Zelda cool whatever, I knew zelda was coming out someday anyway. If not zelda sweeter, means another cool nintendo game with a guy having a sword

Khuutra said:
Lurker said:

Speculation suggests that this Zelda has the potential to be immensely harder, just with some kind of hint system.

That good enough?

Your wrong though. The enemies can't be made easier through a hint system. If the novice is unable to fight fast enough or whatever making the game more difficult, but offering hints, will not change the fact they can't perform fast enough.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

megaman79 said:
Khuutra said:
Lurker said:

That good enough?

Your wrong though. The enemies can't be made easier through a hint system. If the novice is unable to fight fast enough or whatever making the game more difficult, but offering hints, will not change the fact they can't perform fast enough.

Enemies haven't been the primary source of difficulty in Zelda games since the NES.

Still, actually yes - other speculation suggests that you don't have a hint system, but can download data of someone else which can kill the enemy for you.

It's all speculation, but the potential here is both awesome and terrifying.

yea enemies have never been the part people think about when hard or not. And with this system they can make the bosses really hard too, cause isn't there some mode to watch the boss fight or something?