By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Kaz says Little Big Planet sold 1.3 million-- oh noes! Did I win my bet?

Stats87 said:

didn't he say that 1.3M play online?

EDIT:

"9:44: Hirai talks PSN. 17 million registered accounts all over the world. 2.1 million new accounts in the last month. Talks about LittleBigPlanet as great example of Sony's PSN flexibility in motion. Says 1.3 million people playing LBP. 300,000 levels online Brief demo."

Based on his talk of the PSN and new accounts, the context seemed to be online numbers.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6202853.html

[9:48] Hirai talks up Little Big Planet, which has sold 1.3 million units worldwide.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=348154

Little Big Planet has sold 1.3 million units worldwide.

http://kotaku.com/5126304/ces-09-kaz-says-littlebigplanet-has-sold-13-million-psn-accounts-at-17-million

Sony Computer Entertainment boss Kaz Hirai had some fresh PlayStation data for the CES crowd today. Probably most important to Sony's PlayStation 3 fortunes are LittleBigPlanet sales, which Kaz says now total 1.3 million worldwide.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Around the Network

That clears it then ^^

VGC-change time :p

Stats87 said:

EDIT:

"9:44: Hirai talks PSN. 17 million registered accounts all over the world. 2.1 million new accounts in the last month. Talks about LittleBigPlanet as great example of Sony's PSN flexibility in motion. Says 1.3 million people playing LBP. 300,000 levels online Brief demo."

Based on his talk of the PSN and new accounts, the context seemed to be online numbers.

It says differently here, than kotaku. Not sure, but i'll go with vgchartz numbers, half a million overtracked, is way too much. There's no way vgchartz could overtrack by that much. I guess like to twist words, ha.

kutasek said:
Stats87 said:

EDIT:

It says differently here, than kotaku. Not sure, but i'll go with vgchartz numbers, half a million overtracked, is way too much. There's no way vgchartz could overtrack by that much. I guess like to twist words, ha.

oops, if they said it than, my mistake.

seece said:

"Kaz also noted that some 17 million PlayStation Network accounts are in the wild, with 2.1 million of those created in the month of December. Hey, that's the same number of Xbox Live users! How convenient."

I call BS on that, 360 outsold the PS3 by over a million in december ... yeah the same amount of people sign up to PSN as Live? don't think so.

I wouldn't worry about that, really. Signing up to PSN is free, and multiple accounts can be made from one PS3 (probably PSP as well). Personally, I've got 4 on my PS3, one account for everyone that uses it.

Around the Network
c0rd said:
seece said:

"Kaz also noted that some 17 million PlayStation Network accounts are in the wild, with 2.1 million of those created in the month of December. Hey, that's the same number of Xbox Live users! How convenient."

I call BS on that, 360 outsold the PS3 by over a million in december ... yeah the same amount of people sign up to PSN as Live? don't think so.

I wouldn't worry about that, really. Signing up to PSN is free, and multiple accounts can be made from one PS3 (probably PSP as well). Personally, I've got 4 on my PS3, one account for everyone that uses it.

i have like 5 accounts, one japanese one too. I forgot password to most of them.

Only 17000 hours total play time? "with over two years of game play time racked up in the PlayStation 3 game. That's over 17,000 hours by our calculator."

17000/1300000 = an average of 47 seconds played per person.

Something is wrong.

If hes just talking about time spent making levels and playing levels, that still only 3.4 minutes / person.

seece said:

LOL!

So is it massively overtracked on here?

Also

PSN is free. End of story.

Nice job Sony. Wow looks like LBP is overtracked, and Sony is happy with the 1.3 million that they claim.

Too many factors to call this comment either way.

He could be talking about connected to online, since he says 'playing'. That means that if you don't have an internet connection, and bought the game, you're not counted. They also could not be counting bundles. (On a side-note, FishyJoe, it doesn't matter how they'd want to say it, we have to go on what was said, not speculation).

Things against that could be used copies of the game. If someone is playing a used copy online, then they 'played' it, or if someone borrowed a copy they 'played' it too. But if people who borrowed or bought used didn't have online, then they didn't 'play' it.

I think that until someone actually says the words 'sold' or 'shipped', there is no real discussion to be had here, simply speculation on what was meant. So for the time being, we should take VGCs 1.7 million or whatever as it is.

i don't think the sales are that dissapointing, only for people that got their hopes up from watching vgchartz week after week. Many people on other forums who don't go to vgchartz are impressed with it.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X