By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Kaz says Little Big Planet sold 1.3 million-- oh noes! Did I win my bet?

Well, no body really knows how close or far off we are from the actual numbers. Don't know if the title will be adjusted at all either. I remember Epic commenting that they had "sold about 5 million" copies of GeOW a couple months ago and we now have it at almost 6 million. By the way, if the title had sold (and I'm sure they were talking shipped) 5 million then they would have been more then happy to comment saying we sold more then 5 million then saying they sold about 5 million.

PS3 Trophies

Around the Network

Yeah I'm with VGC on this one, I'm guessing Kaz meant online. We've overtracked before, but 500k? Not likely :P

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

Diomedes1976 sony always uses shipped. You are just looking for reasons to complain. If they report shipped and vgchartz has sales as higher then of course it has to be adjusted. If they report shipped and vgchartz is slightly below well then that makes perfect sense. Use your brain.

Ioi really needs to make some comment about this though. If the 1.3million is shipped then that is a truly massive error between vgchartz sales and these figures. They need to clarify Kaz's statement and check their own figures. If the sales were out this much well it would certainly change my view that at the very least vgchartz can be used as a rough figure =/. Im hoping the 1.3million is just online accounts or something. 1.8m sold versus 1.3m shipped is a massive discrepency.

Oh and also PSN numbers always include PSP. So of the 17million a huge % is PSP users, not PS3.

Turkish says and I'm allowed to quote that: Uncharted 3 and God Of War 3 look better than Unreal Engine 4 games will or the tech demo does. Also the Naughty Dog PS3 ENGINE PLAYS better than the UE4 ENGINE.

@ Zim: as others have said, it might be possible that bundles were not included. (although I couldn't imagine why, as bundles would be easy to track for sony, no? :-/)

Zim said:
Diomedes1976 sony always uses shipped. You are just looking for reasons to complain. If they report shipped and vgchartz has sales as higher then of course it has to be adjusted. If they report shipped and vgchartz is slightly below well then that makes perfect sense. Use your brain.

Ioi really needs to make some comment about this though. If the 1.3million is shipped then that is a truly massive error between vgchartz sales and these figures. They need to clarify Kaz's statement and check their own figures. If the sales were out this much well it would certainly change my view that at the very least vgchartz can be used as a rough figure =/. Im hoping the 1.3million is just online accounts or something. 1.8m sold versus 1.3m shipped is a massive discrepency.

Oh and also PSN numbers always include PSP. So of the 17million a huge % is PSP users, not PS3.

It could be overtracked by half a million.

Around the Network

Actually it is possible he means non-bundled, because in truth they are shipped seperately

So 1.3 million copies of the game alone have sold, and an additions number have been included in bundles.

TWRoO said:

Actually it is possible he means non-bundled, because in truth they are shipped seperately

So 1.3 million copies of the game alone have sold, and an additions number have been included in bundles.

Except it makes sense they would release the largest number they could to put the product in the most favorable light.

didn't he say that 1.3M play online?

EDIT:

"9:44: Hirai talks PSN. 17 million registered accounts all over the world. 2.1 million new accounts in the last month. Talks about LittleBigPlanet as great example of Sony's PSN flexibility in motion. Says 1.3 million people playing LBP. 300,000 levels online Brief demo."

Based on his talk of the PSN and new accounts, the context seemed to be online numbers.

FishyJoe said:
TWRoO said:

Except it makes sense they would release the largest number they could to put the product in the most favorable light.

That's the problem i have with all the comments on this thread.  Everyone is in denial, he said it sold 1.3 million so how do we get off assuming he is talking about online accounts or that it doesn't include bundles.  All Sony does is spin numbers left and right.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

@johnsobas: I have uttered the same thing as stats87 in this thread. The way IGN formulated it, makes it seem he did it in context of PSN.

However, you may be right as the text from Kotaku makes it seem he was talking about the game in general.

That's why some actual numbers from MM or Sony would be nice.