By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nyko's Wiimote ...... yes a Wiimote

I'm not a big fan of the Wii Remote for VC games since I think the D-pad and buttons are too small. However, the Wand's diamond D-pad looks aweful. The "jagged" edges also make this look uncomfortable.

Hopefully they upgraded the speaker over Nintendo's offering. However, I don't know if I would trust the quality of the IR camera or the accelerometers.

Around the Network

thank god, the old nintendo wiimote was just hideous

It looks good too me, and it will be cheaper enough said.

• 2010 MUST Haves: WKC, Heavy Rain, GoWIII, Fable III, Mass Effect 2, Bayonetta, Darksiders, FFXIII, Alan Wake, No More Heroes 2, Fragile Dreams: FRotM, Trinity: SoZ, BFBC2.
  • Older Need To Buys: Super Mario Bros. Wii, Mario Kart Wii, Deadspace, Demon's Souls, Uncharted 2.

There is definitely more to list that I want, but that's my main focus there.

http://kotaku.com/5126222/nyko-waves-their-wand-at-ces

The link has more info, including allowing vibration with attachments and secondary buttons through those attachments, due to different connections with the Wiimote.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

wow that is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Around the Network

I wonder if Pelican makes if they will call it...Wait, nvm can't say it, will definitely get banned >.>

• 2010 MUST Haves: WKC, Heavy Rain, GoWIII, Fable III, Mass Effect 2, Bayonetta, Darksiders, FFXIII, Alan Wake, No More Heroes 2, Fragile Dreams: FRotM, Trinity: SoZ, BFBC2.
  • Older Need To Buys: Super Mario Bros. Wii, Mario Kart Wii, Deadspace, Demon's Souls, Uncharted 2.

There is definitely more to list that I want, but that's my main focus there.

Wow... it even looks cheap...

So its called the wandmote or the nykomoto or komote or the wiimote that doesn't workotomote.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Vii anyone?

Looks pretty bulky and ugly.